Author Topic: Provost Marshall 103rd Royal Dublin Fusiliers  (Read 436 times)

Offline teddy6

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Provost Marshall 103rd Royal Dublin Fusiliers
« on: Saturday 07 April 18 21:15 BST (UK) »
  I am searching for a birth of William Joseph Doyle born 1898.  On his marriage certificate of 1920 he
  has his father Joseph Doyle (deceased) Rank: Provost Marshall 103rd Royal Dublin Fusiliers.  I would
  like to find as much army information on Joseph Doyle Provost Marshall  as I can in the hope it will
  send me in the direction of finding a birth for his son.  That is all the information I have to go on
  other than his father must have died between 1897 and 1920.  Where I have no clue.
  Any help would be much appreciated because I am getting nowhere.  Many thanks Celia

Offline MaxD

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Provost Marshall 103rd Royal Dublin Fusiliers
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 08 April 18 19:21 BST (UK) »
The Royal Dublin Fusiliers (they took that title in 1881 and were the amalgamation of the 102nd and 103rd Foot) were in India 1889-1897 and then Natal in South Africa so an 1898 birth may have been in either place if accompanied by his family.  No sign though in the overseas army births.  He of course may have been serving in another place - no sign of him in pension registers either.  One Willam Joseph Doyle born Burnley 1898 but can't connect him anywhere.

Not helpful I'm afraid except to eliminate some records.

MaxD
I am Zoe Northeast, granddaughter of Maximilian Double.

It is with great difficulty I share with you that in the early hours of 07 August 2021, Maximilian passed away unexpectedly but peacefully.

With deep sadness,
Zoe

Double  Essex/Suffolk
Randle/Millington Warwicks
Sokser/Klingler Austria/Croatia