Author Topic: McCONVILLE_DESCENDANTS OF ANTHONY AND SARAH O'HAGAN  (Read 842 times)

Offline lfvroberts

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
McCONVILLE_DESCENDANTS OF ANTHONY AND SARAH O'HAGAN
« on: Sunday 08 April 18 09:58 BST (UK) »
I have records for three sons of Anthony (1) and Sarah who immigrated to Australia in mid 1800s.

Anthony (2) according to death registration here in Aust. was born Downpatrick, around 1825.  On passenger list for 'Mermaid' (arriving Melbourne May 1855) Anthony McConville is listed as 'not going' but no other records found of his arrival in Australia that tie in with his marriage to Elizabeth (see below) in Feb 1857 in Ballarat, Victoria.

James again according to death reg here in Aust. was born Drumgath, around 1834 - I have record of his baptism.  James married Mary Ann whose parents were listed as Patrick and Ann (McConville).  They married about 1 month before they left Liverpool on 'James Brown', arriving Melbourne January 1853 - I have this record.

Isaac, according to death reg here in Aust. was born Rathfriland, around 1815.
Isaac was married at Tullylish RC 29 Apr 1855 to Mary (McConville).  Witnesses - John and Betty McConville. Isaac and Mary travelled out to Moreton Bay, Queensland on 'The Conrad', arriving 20 November 1855.  They then moved down to Ballarat, Victoria.  Accompanying them on 'The Conrad' was Elizabeth McConvill whose parents were listed as John and Mary Anne McGuinness.  Elizabeth later married Anthony(2) in Ballarat.

Family names of the three boys' children include: John; Sarah Ann; Joseph; Henry; Patrick; Catherine; Mary Teresa; Isaac; Anthony; Elizabeth; Hugh William; James Francis; Edward; Anne; Ellen;Anthony James.

Both Isaac and James named their first sons - Anthony James.

I am trying to find records of other siblings of these brothers, or ANY McConville relations that tie in with Anthony(1) and Sarah O'Hagan, hopefully in Ireland.

Lynne Roberts

Offline scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • A tree full of life, a life full of branches!
    • View Profile
Re: McCONVILLE_DESCENDANTS OF ANTHONY AND SARAH O'HAGAN
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 08 April 18 10:11 BST (UK) »
The Tithe Applotments were carried out in Drumgath Parish in 1834 and there were a number of McConvills listed for Drumgath townland and neighbouring townlands:

http://www.irishgenealogyhub.com/down/tithe-applotment-books/drumgath-parish.php#.WsnbscDTVFM

and McConvilles listed at time of Griffiths Valuation in mid 1800s:

http://www.failteromhat.com/griffiths/down/drumgath.htm
"Trees without roots fall over!"

""People who never look backward to their ancestors will never look forward to posterity." - Edmund Burke

Don't just wait for the storm to pass, learn to dance in the rain.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious and however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.”  Stephen Hawking

In a world where you can be anything, be kind .