Author Topic: Hamilton Family Finvoy Parish  (Read 476 times)

Offline Snudge21

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hamilton Family Finvoy Parish
« on: Sunday 08 April 18 19:12 BST (UK) »
I have a Eliza Hamilton who married a Robert John Smyth on 29th November 1893 in the Parish of Finvoy. Eliza was born c.1861. Eliza's father was called Hugh Hamilton. Hugh died on 2nd April 1907 in Artiloman, the informant was a Robert Smyth who lived in the same area.

In 1901 there is a Hugh Hamilton (70) living in Artiloman with a daughter Sarah Hamilton (26) and his grandson Hugh McIlreavy (5). There is a birth record for a Sarah Hamilton on 1st January 1872 in Ballymoney, father is Hugh Hamilton and the mother is Elizabeth Killough.

There is a birth record for a Hugh Hamilton McIlreavy dated 20th September 1895, father is Daniel and mother is Margaret Hamilton. I was able to find a marriage record for Daniel McIlreavy and Margaret Hamilton dated 1st November 1891. Margaret's father is Hugh Hamilton. I found a date of birth for a Margaret Hamilton dated 14th June 1864, father is Hugh and the mother is Elizabeth Killough.

Hugh Hamilton and Elizabeth Killough married on 26th October 1856 in Finvoy Parish.

So far there has been no birth record to indicate that Eliza's mother is Elizabeth Killough. Can anyone help?

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Hamilton Family Finvoy Parish
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 08 April 18 19:21 BST (UK) »
You might get mother's name in baptism record but if Hugh Hamilton married Eliz Killough in 1856 and they had a daughter Margaret in 1864 then it's likely that any children of Hugh Hamilton's born between 1861-1864 would have Eliza as the mother.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!