Author Topic: robert traill doctor and a clergyman and a hymanitarian to boot.  (Read 551 times)

Offline marcie dean

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
robert traill doctor and a clergyman and a hymanitarian to boot.
« on: Sunday 08 April 18 20:54 BST (UK) »
he was a member of my ancestral family tree, he makes me so proud, being a doctor and a member of the clergy, he tried his best to help those unfortunate people who turned up at his farm and suffering from malnutrition and disease to survive it all, he set up a soup kitchen dug vegetables out of his own garden, killed a chicken to add to the pot and fed as many as he could day in and day out without charge and without stopping until late at night, even making a fire for them to help them keep warm, does anyone else have traill in their family trees on this site? does anyone else have any more information about this man and his family? and what happened to them, one was married to Sybilla Sutherland i think that was William Traill
Scotlandorkney flett bell, strickland laird traillcalqahoun.
Lanark/Argyll/Renfrew/Ayr:Smith, Steele,Kirkwood,Hamilton,May,orO'mayscott and anderso, craig , forbes taggart Kirkwood, milloy and steel apart ftom others which are numerous, graham mcilroy. stewart.brown battonisle of sku rothsay etc.
 searl rogers sutherland
Edinburgh/Aberdeen:portsea marsh,brownwhittcomb and others. to numerous to mentionweymouth frank.  Laidlaw,Brown,Dean//Charles/Hall/Slight/Johnston belgium loquet

Offline IJDisney

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: robert traill doctor and a clergyman and a hymanitarian to boot.
« Reply #1 on: Monday 09 April 18 16:23 BST (UK) »
You give no dates or locality.

Do you mean Robert Traill (1793–1847), rector of Schull, County Cork, who was such a boon to the poor during the Great Famine in Ireland?

Offline marcie dean

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 09 April 18 17:10 BST (UK) »
al there is ro day is YES!
Lanark/Argyll/Renfrew/Ayr:Smith, Steele,Kirkwood,Hamilton,May,orO'mayscott and anderso, craig , forbes taggart Kirkwood, milloy and steel apart ftom others which are numerous, graham mcilroy. stewart.brown battonisle of sku rothsay etc.
 searl rogers sutherland
Edinburgh/Aberdeen:portsea marsh,brownwhittcomb and others. to numerous to mentionweymouth frank.  Laidlaw,Brown,Dean//Charles/Hall/Slight/Johnston belgium loquet

Offline marcie dean

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 09 April 18 17:14 BST (UK) »
sorry, but that is my stroke it doesn't take in all info the way I used to, it conveniently forgets stuff it cant store in my brain anymore.
but yes you are right tht looks familiar off of wiki?
 searl rogers sutherland