Author Topic: My Henning Family of Hull  (Read 1859 times)

Offline Jomot

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: My Henning Family of Hull
« Reply #9 on: Monday 09 April 18 14:08 BST (UK) »
Previous post on the same subject (Charles Henning) for reference:

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=789691.msg6454421#msg6454421
MORGAN: Glamorgan, Durham, Ohio. DAVIS/DAVIES/DAVID: Glamorgan, Ohio.  GIBSON: Leicestershire, Durham, North Yorkshire.  RAIN/RAINE: Cumberland.  TAYLOR: North Yorks. BOURDAS: North Yorks. JEFFREYS: Worcestershire & Northumberland. FORBES: Berwickshire, CHEESMOND: Durham/Northumberland. WINTER: Durham/Northumberland. SNOWBALL: Durham.

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 09 April 18 14:13 BST (UK) »
Thank you Jomot,  It seems we are wasting time looking for what has already been found  ::)
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline stevejgarton

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 09 April 18 14:53 BST (UK) »
Hi Rosie no waste of time as I did say in my post that I was following up on the Charles Henning in New York. I am trying to tie this guy to my Charles Henning and without any further evidence I cannot do that. I am also interested in his son William Robert and the pub or beerhouse that he had the licence for at 64 Prospect St, with the question in my original post.
YORKSHIRE: Duffin, Henning, Hampshire, Allerston, McLaren, Levett
NORTHANTS: Garton, Eady

https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/stevegartongenealogy

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 09 April 18 14:56 BST (UK) »
The information we found had already been found in your other post.  You should always give links to previous posts so we can see what has already been found  ;)   :)

Offline stevejgarton

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 09 April 18 15:09 BST (UK) »
Sorry I didnt realise I needed to do that. I did say I was following up on the Charles Henning in new york, so really there was no need to search for him as he had already been found. I will however link in any future posts, though I doubt it will be on this site. Goodbye
YORKSHIRE: Duffin, Henning, Hampshire, Allerston, McLaren, Levett
NORTHANTS: Garton, Eady

https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/stevegartongenealogy

Offline Jomot

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 09 April 18 15:23 BST (UK) »
Steve

There's really no need to take offence at what has been asked - people are giving their time and resources to try and help you, but as I mentioned on your previous post, in order to do that they need to know what you already know.   

The naturalisation, death & 1880 census found by Milliepede & Rosie had already been found, but they didn't know this as all you had mentioned in this request was the 1870 census.  Saying you are 'following up' doesn't really make it clear as to what you are looking for, however, if it is just the passenger list then Rosie has explained that these are not generally available for the period you are interested in.
MORGAN: Glamorgan, Durham, Ohio. DAVIS/DAVIES/DAVID: Glamorgan, Ohio.  GIBSON: Leicestershire, Durham, North Yorkshire.  RAIN/RAINE: Cumberland.  TAYLOR: North Yorks. BOURDAS: North Yorks. JEFFREYS: Worcestershire & Northumberland. FORBES: Berwickshire, CHEESMOND: Durham/Northumberland. WINTER: Durham/Northumberland. SNOWBALL: Durham.

Offline Jomot

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 09 April 18 15:43 BST (UK) »
Hi again Steve

I forgot to ask previously, who was the informant on Ann's death certificate - could that provide any clues to finding her in 1871?

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 09 April 18 16:06 BST (UK) »
I am not seeing 64 Prospect Street on any census to establish what type of business it was.   :-\ 

An 1873 newspaper says that there is a Fruiterer and Poulterer there (It had been there nearly 5 years), by 1900 it is a Clothes shop. It does not appear to be a public house

Offline Jomot

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 09 April 18 16:18 BST (UK) »
I am not seeing 64 Prospect Street on any census to establish what type of business it was.   :-\ 

In 1861 it is occupied by James Lockey, Ale & Porter Merchant, and is described as a Beer House - RG9/3583/69/39