Author Topic: Mary Maude Miranda Draper b. 1856 Notting Hill d. Cardiff 1917  (Read 936 times)

Offline Eyesee

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Maude Miranda Draper b. 1856 Notting Hill d. Cardiff 1917
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 10 April 18 09:37 BST (UK) »
George Draper,  24 year old blacksmith, was in Great Coxwell in 1851 (also a visitor)
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:SGVB-1FB

Was with William and Hannah GREEN. Grandparents of his future wife.

Ian C
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Eyesee

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 10 April 18 09:45 BST (UK) »
Buckland Berkshire PRs
Possibly George. 1851 has him born Buckland, Berkshire

1823 10 Sep, George, s/o George & Mary DRAPER, blacksmith

Ian C
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline teach3r

• RootsChat Senior
  • It's always good to share!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 10 April 18 17:12 BST (UK) »
Thanks for all the help so far.  I have been putting the bits together and feel that whilst I have Mary Draper sorted, I am not certain that I have the right George William Draper.  The problem that I have is that on Mary's marriage cert her father is George William Draper and that is the only place that I can see the middle name "William" appearing.  I know that middle names aren't always recorded but I would have expected to see it somewhere else.

I would appreciate people's thoughts on this please.  From the information and kind support provided in this thread I have been able to record Mary's father and paternal grandparents along with her mother and maternal grand and g grand parents.  However, I am not certain I have the correct George William.

Thank you for any further help.

Nic

Mary Maude Miranda Draper (b. 1855 London – d. 1917 Cardiff)
Possibly born 1855 (Q2 1a 53 mmn Gough) – certificate ordered
1861 Census (downloaded) – Visitor to Great Coxwell, Bekshire.  Staying with Richard and Jane Gough, possibly her grandparents although Parish Register marriage for Richard is to Jenny in 1830 (easy for Jen and Jane to confused?).  Place of birth shown as London.
1871 Census (downloaded) – Domestic Servant in Hackney St John.  Head of House is Thomas Engleburt at 3 Pembury Grove. Place of birth shown as City of London.
1877 6th September – (have copies of certificate and parish register) Marriage to John Wood Moore in Roath Cardiff.  Living at 68 Shakespeare Street, Cardiff. 
1879 9th February – (copy of daughter Harriet’s birth certificate) – living at 63 Broadway, Roath
1881 Census (downloaded) – living at 150 Broadway, Cardiff.  Place of birth shown as London.
1891 Census (downloaded) – living at 60 Cecil Street, Cardiff. Place of birth shown as Notting Hill, London.
1901 Census (downloaded) – living at 60 Cecil Street, Cardiff.  Place of birth shown as Middlesex, London.
1911 Census (downloaded) – living at 60 Cecil Street, Cardiff. Place of birth shown as Glamorgan.
1917 5th Feb Died (have copy of certificate) – living at 60 Cecil Street, Cardiff

Berkshire: Clarke, Croxford, Eustace
Bilston, Staffordshire: Dean
Devon: Blackmore, Matthews
Gwyddelwern, Betws GG, Denbighshire: Davies, Evans
Glamorgan: Dean, Matthews
Hull: Grant, Nicholson, Patterson, White
Newcastle: Patterson
Shafton, Yorkshire: Miles, Moulson,
Wiltshire: Emery