Author Topic: Edgeley household Newcastle upon Lyme. Staffordshire England  (Read 955 times)

Offline dorothyl

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Edgeley household Newcastle upon Lyme. Staffordshire England
« on: Tuesday 10 April 18 02:35 BST (UK) »
 Hello everyone.
 I'm sorry about this   I don't think I've asked this before.  And because I don't know where  to  post this I just put on this part. 
What I'm trying to find out  is where or how can I find  a certain  thing ? I've been trying  but I can't find it. I was given at Manchester libary  a few weeks ago. 

I have a printed document  which I'm trying to unlock on the website. ( find my past ) 
On the document  it has this. Patricia owens  (Jones ) on the 1939 register.  Then it says  Edgeley household  Newcastle upon Lyme. Staffordshire England. 

When I saw this on the computer  at the library  when a lady was trying to help me with my mum's birth certificate.
She came across  this which I'm trying to find.  On the item I saw it said unlock. 

Please  is anyone  can help me with this?  I honestly  have tried to find it.. as I'm trying to find out  why my mum and gran  would have gone to Newcastle upon Lyme in 1938/ 39   

I hope anyone  can help me.
Thank you again for your time and help

Dorothy

Offline BoslemBoy

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Edgeley household Newcastle upon Lyme. Staffordshire England
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 10 April 18 10:10 BST (UK) »
Remember, when searching, that it's Newcastle-under-Lyme in Staffordshire.

FindMyPast 1939 search is throwing up three Patricia Owens in N-u-L, but keep in mind that if your mother was born in the 1920s-30s then her entry could well be blocked to you.  You are better searching for your gran, but you've not given us her name and age as at 1939.

Offline emeltom

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 10 April 18 10:31 BST (UK) »
Was her mother called Eveline?

The information is there on the 1939 Register. You need to find a Library which gives free access to Find my Past and you will be able to see the details. The other alternative is to take up the fortnight free trial offer, but don't forget to cancel before the time is up or you will be charged a years subscription.

Emeltom
Smith Tiplady Boulton Branthwaite King Miller Woolfall Bretherton Archer and many more

Offline dorothyl

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 10 April 18 11:03 BST (UK) »
Hello.
I'm ever so sorry. I forgot to put the details in.  1st  my gran was eveline shulman,  thats her maiden name.  She then married my grandad Alfred evan Jones.  Then in 1937 my mum was born. Her name is patrica Jones. 

When my gran eveline went to  Newcastle upon Lyme.  It was 1938/ 39. For what reason  I don't know.  But from what I saw  my gran eveline  changed my mum's name from Jones to owens  even though she was still married to my grandad Alfred evan Jones.  And again  I have no idea why she would  change  my mum's surname from Jones to owens.  As she didn't  marrie  Mr James owens  until  later on after my grandad passed away. 

I thought  if someone as passed away  you can unlock the name. And as my mum passed away last year.

If there's anything I've not answered  please let me know.  I think  I have answered the questions.

Thank you again for your help and time.  I really do appreciate everyone's help thank you so much.

Dorothy.

Offline BumbleB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 10 April 18 11:23 BST (UK) »
Dorothy - look at your e-mails - I sent the image of the 1939 entry for Eveline and Patricia in Newcastle under Lyme to you on 6 February 2018.

The title of your original e-mail to me was "Certificate" and was dated 23 January 2018.

"Sue"

Transcriptions and NBI are merely finding aids.  They are NOT a substitute for original record entries.
Remember - "They'll be found when they want to be found" !!!
If you don't ask the question, you won't get an answer.
He/she who never made a mistake, never made anything.
Archbell - anywhere, any date
Kendall - WRY
Milner - WRY
Appleyard - WRY

Offline dorothyl

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 10 April 18 11:34 BST (UK) »
 Hi
Bumbleb.
Thank you  I never thought of that.  I will do that  now.
  I forgot about  that.  Thank you for letting me know.  Much appreciated.

Dorothy

Offline dorothyl

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 10 April 18 11:39 BST (UK) »
Hi again  bumbleb.
Thank you. I've  just found  it and it explains  why my gran was in Newcastle upon Lyme.

I completely forgot about it.

Thank you again so much.

Dorothy