Author Topic: Question about Ancestry DNA Ethnicity  (Read 303 times)

Offline xpress4

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Question about Ancestry DNA Ethnicity
« on: Tuesday 10 April 18 15:36 BST (UK) »
Hi there,

My Ancestry DNA Ethnicity, and that of my husband, shows Irish ethnicity. However, mine stops there and his continues to identify his origins as Munster and Connacht. I know I have generations of ancestors from Leinster and some from Ulster. Just wondering why my results aren't as specific as his?

One other question, does Ancestry break down Scottish ethnicity by region as well?

Thank you!
Brenda
MOORE, LAW, SANDFORD, DELANEY

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline davidft

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Question about Ancestry DNA Ethnicity
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 10 April 18 16:21 BST (UK) »
This is my personal opinion.

Sorry to burst your bubble but Ancestry DNA ethnicity predictions (and those of other firms) are not worth the paper they are written on. There have been countless threads on here about this if you want to do a search and see what others have said.

If you want to know why I have said they are unreliable look into how the firms arrive at these results, then if you still believe them so be it that is your right.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.