Author Topic: Ebenezer Chapel ,Henrietta Street,Swansea closed 2017. Where are the records ?  (Read 1086 times)

Offline mlrsuperstar

• --
  • RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
I am trying to find out what became of the BMD records of Ebenezer chapel Henrietta Street,Swansea ?
it closed in 2017 .Its registers are not at West Glamorgan Archives.
It was a Welsh Congregationalist Chapel.

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: How many chapels named Ebenezer were there in the Swansea Area in 1854 ?
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 10 April 18 21:41 BST (UK) »
One possible way of answering this might be to consult the Genuki list below and look at the histories of the relevant chapels for dates.

http://www.genuki.org.uk/church_list/GLASwansea

Regards
Roger

Offline mlrsuperstar

• --
  • RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: How many chapels named Ebenezer were there in the Swansea Area in 1854 ?
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 10 April 18 23:22 BST (UK) »
Thank you . I will do as you say.

Offline JohnG_Swansea

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Ebenezer Chapel ,Henrietta Street,Swansea closed 2017. Where are the records ?
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 15 April 18 15:17 BST (UK) »
I am trying to find out what became of the BMD records of Ebenezer chapel Henrietta Street,Swansea ?
it closed in 2017 .Its registers are not at West Glamorgan Archives.
It was a Welsh Congregationalist Chapel.
Hello, mlrsuperstar,

I see that you live within reasonable travelling distance of Swansea, so you probably want to do your own research, in which case you might find the following link of interest:

https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/search/archives/5be43eec-f807-33c4-b430-3341aac5366e

If travelling to Swansea presents you with a problem, please let me know, I 'may' be able to help you.

JohnG_Swansea.
Your National Flag/ Ensign can be added to the left-hand side of every post by using your Profile Settings
Base Project: Benjamin D. POPE, (Railway Constructor, Natal) b: 1853 Stretham, Ely, d: 1928 Bath, Som't
Current Project(2018): Cox, Somerset >>> Osborn, Natal >>> Broughton, Canada >>> three Daughters, Natal. Resolved in the Canada Forum another success for Rootschat.

Offline mlrsuperstar

• --
  • RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Ebenezer Chapel ,Henrietta Street,Swansea closed 2017. Where are the records ?
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 15 April 18 15:46 BST (UK) »
Thanks John but as you see from my post WGA do not have the registers.  Thank you for your kind offer. That wàs the first place I checked.
I specifically want  the marriage register for 1854.  The GRO marriage certificate was full of errors in fact the supervising registrar  made 4 initialed corrections to the Cert. However the big mistake by the registrar was to spell the groom's name  and father of the groom's name wrongly.
Since 1st November 2017 individual corrections cost between £75 and £90 each even if the error was made by the registrar !! I am collating evidence  to force the GRO to amend the paperwork at their expense.  To quote a phrase....let right be done....
And yes it is my family.