Author Topic: Whitehead married to Gilson look up  (Read 743 times)

Offline brendan thomas

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Whitehead married to Gilson look up
« on: Tuesday 10 April 18 20:19 BST (UK) »
I'm looking for marriage info on the above George Whithead  possibly of Pimlico to Mary Gilson. Its probable one was RC and other CofI. Its also possible that George's father was Thomas aka Thos.
Son James born 1824 baptised St Pauls, Arran Quay, RC. Next child baptised St Catherines CoI
Thanks in advance         

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Whitehead married to Gilson look up
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 10 April 18 20:47 BST (UK) »
Baptism, Marriage and Burial results for George Whitehead of Dublin from to
1800s

Displaying results 1 - 17 of 17. http://www.rootschat.com/links/01lvr/
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline brendan thomas

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 10 April 18 21:48 BST (UK) »
Hallmark - all I can say is wow! and thanks. Just saw their marriage entry and will look up the baptisms later.
I'm reasonably sure that the Gibson transcribed is Gilson even though it looks very like the former.
Again thanks.
Where might I go to look for more info on the bride of that day. I'm reasonably sure he and she were my great great grandparents and if another poster, some years back, is correct I can get a link to his father, Thomas, as mentioned.
My other post in Offaly relates to my great grandfather James, a son of this couple and a possible daughter of his, Mary, who married Convoy and begot Mary who married a Jamieson with heirs now in Scotland/Scottish Isles. Id love in future, when Ive finalised this, to pass that info on to them - and pass on the favour
This register is much more legible online than the Tullamore ones.

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 10 April 18 22:00 BST (UK) »
What details are in the Register?

Offline brendan thomas

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 11 April 18 10:45 BST (UK) »
Marrying couple's names, just first name and family, date and name of celebrant/minister. I didn't see any address or name of witnesses; thought perhaps it was on opposite page, but left that for another time. Parents names would have been very helpful but Ill take what I got as a bonus.
I'll be able to estimate their birth years from that marriage year and do another search for the bride's birth or rather baptism later.
Part of the enthusiasm for me is doing the actual searching, looking for help and advice, learning about sources and finding other info that wasn't the immediate quest.

Offline dublin1850

• RootsChat Veteran
  • A great lover of Dublin history
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 11 April 18 10:49 BST (UK) »
See your other thread for the bride's baptism. 10 Jan 1847.
Coffey, Cummins [Rathfalla, Tipperary], Cummins [Skirke, Laois], Curran, Dillon [Clare], Fogarty [Garran, Laois/Tipp], Hughes, Keshan (Keeshan), Loughman [Harristown and Killadooley, Laois], Mallon [Armagh], Malone, Markham [Caherkine, Clare], McKeon(e) [Sligo/Kilkenny/Waterford], McNamara, Meagher, Prescott [Kilkenny/Waterford/Wexford?], Rafferty, Ryan, Sullivan, Tobin
GEDMatch: T665306 tested with Family Tree DNA and also with ancestry
GEDCOM file: 1980344

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 11 April 18 15:43 BST (UK) »
Marrying couple's names, just first name and family, date and name of celebrant/minister. I didn't see any address or name of witnesses; thought perhaps it was on opposite page, but left that for another time. Parents names would have been very helpful but Ill take what I got as a bonus.
I'll be able to estimate their birth years from that marriage year and do another search for the bride's birth or rather baptism later.
Part of the enthusiasm for me is doing the actual searching, looking for help and advice, learning about sources and finding other info that wasn't the immediate quest.

Yes many prefer making their own discoveries which is Why I didn't look for and post the Marriage...