Author Topic: Local History Day Event At North Shields Library 12th May  (Read 2146 times)

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Local History Day Event At North Shields Library 12th May
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 01 May 18 19:14 BST (UK) »
Hi Jen B.
Your link is for 2017. Some different stall holders this year.

Oh dear, how on earth did I miss that  :-[
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 04 May 18 13:14 BST (UK) »
 I missed that too! ;D

There are loads of great things in store for this year.  Will let you know more as I get time!

Here's a start:

North East War Memorials Project
Tynemouth Scouts Group - Display from 1st Tynemouth Scouts Group
Northumberland WW1 Commemoration Project
Co-coordinator of website:
www.173.org
which tells the story of the bombing of the Wilkinson's lemonade factory, North Shields
Northumberland and Durham Family History Society
Coble and Keelboat Society

+ more including book authors and artists, art exhibition displays and memorabilia
Cullercoats Community Centre - info and memorabilia tracing the history of Cullercoats Village

... Will let you know more when I get a chance to get back to the library to find out more ... :)
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 05 May 18 09:28 BST (UK) »
My local newspaper called the 'News Guardian' has an article asking for help to solve a mystery.

There will be a portrait of an unknown man by the 'tragic North Tyneside' artist Victor Noble Rainbird displayed during the Local History Day event.  Help is being sought as to the identity of the man in the painting.

Below are links giving some information on Rainbird.

https://www.newsguardian.co.uk/news/did-artist-s-war-service-lead-him-to-early-grave-1-7350715

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/tragic-north-shields-artist-remembered-9793949

There is an email in my local paper to send info on to but I can't post on main board.

Could any of you who are going to this event have a look and let the librarians at the local studies know if you can provide information?  There is a photo of the unknown man in the paper but I can't photocopy this obviously for copyright reasons.

I am going to the event but unfortunately do not know anything about this mystery man in the portrait.

Apparently, there is to be a play inspired by the life of this artist.

Thank you.
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline Shiny1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 11 May 18 20:56 BST (UK) »
Hi All,

If any of you do go to the history day tomorrow please be sure to say hello, I'm running a combined stall for Tynemouth Scouts and the Royal British Legion.

See you there,

Michael
Dale (Newcastle Upon Tyne), Beck, English, Hall, Harrison, Stephenson (all from the North Shields, South Shields area), Woodger (from the Newcastle and Liss areas)

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 12 May 18 10:32 BST (UK) »
Will do, Michael!  Looking forward to meeting you there! :)

This event is being held on the second floor but there is a large lift for people with mobility difficulties.

I would recommend visitors checking the biographies folders for local ancestors when they come.  Also, if you have information to add in the folders I am sure this will be most appreciated. :)

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 12 May 18 10:44 BST (UK) »
See schedule: :)

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 12 May 18 12:11 BST (UK) »
Well, there is quite a throng here at the library ...

It has been lovely to have met you Michael and to see your very interesting stall and hear about your future research work.  I believe this will be of benefit to many in the future when this gets off the ground - your work and commitments permitting.

It has been lovely to meet and catch up with other researchers too and the stalls are most interesting. :)

Offline Shiny1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 12 May 18 12:42 BST (UK) »
Lovely to meet you too. It has been very busy here all morning, well woth a visit if anyone is thinking about coming down.

Don't forget to say hello if you do.

Michael
Dale (Newcastle Upon Tyne), Beck, English, Hall, Harrison, Stephenson (all from the North Shields, South Shields area), Woodger (from the Newcastle and Liss areas)