Author Topic: Captain McIntyre of Glen Noe  (Read 1090 times)

Offline argyllshiregirl

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Captain McIntyre of Glen Noe
« on: Thursday 12 April 18 00:34 BST (UK) »
Hello,

I get quite a few McIntyre inquiries out of my DNA matches, and there has always been the vague idea that we are somehow connected to the McIntyres - but how? Today I asked my father about this and he wasn't sure either. He did say that his great grandfather, Alexander Fletcher (b. 1823 Glen Orchy - d. 1883 Aros Mains, Isle of Mull), went to work for a Captain McIntyre at Glen Noe, possibly in the 1840s. He later went to work for his cousin, Duncan Fletcher, at Glen Aros on Mull. Wondering who this Captain McIntyre might be. Also trying to figure out if he was a relative too.

Alexander Fletcher's parents were Angus Fletcher and Margaret McNicol. Perhaps one of them had a McIntyre mother? Going back into the 1700s now, so the paper trails dry up.

Mary
Fletcher of Glen Orchy, Argyll, McGregor of Argyll and Balquhidder, Perth, Mathison, Laidlaw, Forsyth of Dumfriesshire, McMillan, Johnston, Galbraith, Nicholson of Argyll, McPhail, McArthur, McKinnon, McLean, Paterson from Isle of Mull

Offline ColC

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Captain McIntyre of Glen Noe
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 12 April 18 09:58 BST (UK) »
The following looks interesting:
www.thepeerage.com/p50440.htm

Reverend Duncan MacIntyre

Isabella MacIntyre is the daughter of James MacIntyre of Glen Noe and Ann Campbell. She married .... In 1855 he was representer of MacIntyre of Camus na h'Erie (by the death without issue of his cousin Captain Peter MacIntyre, RM).

Colin
Clarke, Trickett, Orton, Lawless, Norton, Detheridge, Kirby, Goodfellow, Wagstaff, Lowe, etc.