Author Topic: Ashford Kent Reginald Body and Sibil Hart (Body)  (Read 918 times)

Offline ivorjbody

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Ashford Kent Reginald Body and Sibil Hart (Body)
« on: Thursday 12 April 18 06:25 BST (UK) »
Hello is there any way I can find out in what road my uncle lived please? He died in Ashford in 1965.

Offline PaulineJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Ashford Kent Reginald Body and Sibil Hart (Body)
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 12 April 18 08:37 BST (UK) »
Buy the death certificate.
Alternatives
Did he have a telephone line?
Can you access historical electoral rolls?
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/
======================================
We are not a search engine. We are human beings.

Offline ivorjbody

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 12 April 18 08:57 BST (UK) »
Thanks Pauline,

Offline grandarog

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • The Original Ancestor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 12 April 18 09:20 BST (UK) »
If he lived in the same place from before WW2 check the 1939 register.
WAGHORN/E
KENWARD
HARRIS
DIXON
MARSHALL
MERCER
CARE
FAGG
RUSSELL
WOODRUFF      

All these  Families were Born and Bred in Kent

Offline Christine53

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 12 April 18 11:48 BST (UK) »
If you are able to look at the 1939 Register you will find Reginald C Body and his family.( I cannot give the details as they are covered by Copyright ). As far as I can see his wife was Beryl Grant Hart , not Sybil who was a daughter .( Marriage 3 Q Romney Marsh 1914 2A 2587.)

Looking at Telephone Directories , R C Body is listed as Manager , Ashford Cattle Market from 1936 to 1948. In 1950 R C Body is at 38 Magazine Road , Ashford,  and from 1960 until 1965 R C Body is at 7 Heather Drive ,St Michael's , Tenterden.

The Ashford Cattle Market is no longer at its original site as there were many changes in the town when a Ring Road was built , and also for the expansion of the Railway Station. Magazine Road is still in existence , as is Heather Drive , St Michaels. Both of these addresses can be Googled.

I was born and grew up in Ashford but now live in Essex. :)

Census information  Crown Copyright
www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ivorjbody

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 12 April 18 15:38 BST (UK) »
Thanks Christine. Someone on Ashford facebook page ask me if Mr and Mrs Body of Hythe Road Ashford was related to me. They must be, but no idea who they are? The families were quite close and the lady on FB remembers going to see them after they move away. Thanks for the information on Reginald and family my uncle. He was the an elder brother of my dad, who I have put some lovely photos of in his earlier days appx. 1922/3 in the RAF. Just one more thing. Can I copy your findings and paste them on Ashford FB, will not mention anything to do with you? Quite understand about the 1939 register. Renewed my ancestry subscription, so cannot spend more money, as my wife would not be very happy.Thanks again Ivor

Offline ivorjbody

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 12 April 18 15:53 BST (UK) »
Thanks Granarog, We keep meeting like this. Guess you have seen the photos of my dad in the early days of the RAF on Ashford FB page. Not 100 years about 4 years short? Cousin like me to Colonel John Body. Dad was also in the 5th Kent Buffs finished as a 2nd lieutenant before joining the Royal Irish Constabulary as a Cadet and being shot in 1921 and then RAF until retirement.

Offline Christine53

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 12 April 18 16:03 BST (UK) »
Thanks Christine. Someone on Ashford facebook page ask me if Mr and Mrs Body of Hythe Road Ashford was related to me. They must be, but no idea who they are? The families were quite close and the lady on FB remembers going to see them after they move away. Thanks for the information on Reginald and family my uncle. He was the an elder brother of my dad, who I have put some lovely photos of in his earlier days appx. 1922/3 in the RAF. Just one more thing. Can I copy your findings and paste them on Ashford FB, will not mention anything to do with you? Quite understand about the 1939 register. Renewed my ancestry subscription, so cannot spend more money, as my wife would not be very happy.Thanks again Ivor

I will send you a PM.

Census information  Crown Copyright
www.nationalarchives.gov.uk