Author Topic: Gggrandfather Found after 15years  (Read 2248 times)

Offline Ringrose

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Gggrandfather Found after 15years
« on: Thursday 12 April 18 12:19 BST (UK) »
Don’t give up hope.About 15years ago I sent for the death cert of my gggrandfather Richard Light .When it arrived I put it to one side because although the date 1875 coukd fit I didn’t think his death as a Che,lsea Pensioner He was on trial at the Old Bailey in 1842 for bigamy twice over and sentenced to 7years transportation.Put onthe hulk York in Gosport I found from National Archives he had been pardoned Censuses show he was in the Westminster Chelsea areas and just a labourer.
Chelsea Pensioners records appeared on Ancestry.....and there he was ...birthplace correct and the info that he had served at Waterloo,
My day was made
Ringrose
Mann Ringrose Prior( West London)Prior (Halstead Colchester and Sudbury)Ringrose (Northants) Clark(sussex  Bath)Light(Shropshire West London)Barber(Northants)Gaudern (Northants)Piper(Suffolk)Carter (Essex)Nightingale,Stiles,Dunk,Hedgecock(Kent)Mann(south Devon )Le Cronier,Le Quesne,Poingdestre,Esnouf,Le Guyt,Anley.Le Carteret(Jersey)Clark(Bath,Batcombe,and Nyland )
er(essex)Nightingale(kent Sussex)Sutton (sussex)

Offline angelfish58

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Grandma & Grandad married 23 Aug 1918
    • View Profile
Re: Gggrandfather Found after 15years
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 12 April 18 12:28 BST (UK) »
You must be so chuffed. It just goes to show that eventually  the last piece of the puzzle just falls into place.
Watson, Snowball, Pyburn, Heppell, Ferry, Holmes, Clennett, Kidd, Pescod, Bage Co.Duham & Northumberland
Stockton, Watson, Bage, Nellist N. Yorks
Challnor/Challoner Cheshire/Shropshire. Moore, Mansell: Wellington, Shropshire
Davies/ David, Coity, Glamorgan
Census information is Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline nanny jan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Russian John
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 12 April 18 12:30 BST (UK) »
Great news!   

I'm hoping a marriage cert will end my almost  12 year search for a 2xgt.grandmother.....just have to wait now for it to arrive!

Patience........   ;)
Howard , Viney , Kingsman, Pain/e, Rainer/ Rayner, Barham, George, Wakeling (Catherine), Vicary (Frederick)   all LDN area/suburbs  Ottley/ MDX,
Henman/ KNT   Gandy/LDN before 1830  Burgess/LDN
Barham/SFK   Rainer/CAN (Toronto) Gillians/CAN  Sturgeon/CAN (Vancouver)
Bailey/LDN Page/KNT   Paling/WA (var)

All census look-ups are crown copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online frostyknight

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 12 April 18 15:40 BST (UK) »
Great result Ringrose  :). I hope you get the desired result from the cert Nanny Jan.

Offline iluleah

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Zeya who has a plastic bag fetish
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 12 April 18 15:44 BST (UK) »
Wonderful news! Just shows you if you keep digging you find the treasure in the end ;D
Leicestershire:Chamberlain, Dakin, Wilkinson, Moss, Cook, Welland, Dobson, Roper,Palfreman, Squires, Hames, Goddard, Topliss, Twells,Bacon.
Northamps:Sykes, Harris, Rice,Knowles.
Rutland:Clements, Dalby, Osbourne, Durance, Smith,Christian, Royce, Richardson,Oakham, Dewey,Newbold,Cox,Chamberlaine,Brow, Cooper, Bloodworth,Clarke
Durham/Yorks:Woodend, Watson,Parker, Dowser
Suffolk/Norfolk:Groom, Coleman, Kemp, Barnard, Alden,Blomfield,Smith,Howes,Knight,Kett,Fryston
Lincolnshire:Clements, Woodend

Offline BumbleB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 12 April 18 16:51 BST (UK) »
Well done - I've always said that "they'll be found when they want to be found"   :D
Transcriptions and NBI are merely finding aids.  They are NOT a substitute for original record entries.
Remember - "They'll be found when they want to be found" !!!
If you don't ask the question, you won't get an answer.
He/she who never made a mistake, never made anything.
Archbell - anywhere, any date
Kendall - WRY
Milner - WRY
Appleyard - WRY

Offline Melbell

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 12 April 18 20:06 BST (UK) »
I'm very pleased for you Ringrose!  I too have had a very recent success after about 20 years of searching for the death/burial of one of my 3xGreatgrandfathers.  Better still, this was with help from a fellow Rootschatter (MaxD) whose assistance I acknowledge here once again.

It's a great feeling, although in my case, there are still some loose ends to tie up and new questions raised.  And I still don't know what happened to his wife.....

Melbell  :)

Offline Hickers99

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 12 April 18 22:07 BST (UK) »
That’s great. I recently found my wife’s grandmother after about a 40 year search! She only lived 60 miles away and died in 1986. She had a daughter, my wife’s aunt, who we didn’t know existed until a few weeks ago!

Offline Ringrose

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 12 April 18 22:15 BST (UK) »
It’s a wonderful feeling when you finally break down a wall.Ive still got lots of gaps to fill in.Some records I’ve found but I’ve no way of finding proof that they are right so I’ll keep searching for the right answers.Am waiting for some counties to put more records on line.
Patience...
Ringrose
Mann Ringrose Prior( West London)Prior (Halstead Colchester and Sudbury)Ringrose (Northants) Clark(sussex  Bath)Light(Shropshire West London)Barber(Northants)Gaudern (Northants)Piper(Suffolk)Carter (Essex)Nightingale,Stiles,Dunk,Hedgecock(Kent)Mann(south Devon )Le Cronier,Le Quesne,Poingdestre,Esnouf,Le Guyt,Anley.Le Carteret(Jersey)Clark(Bath,Batcombe,and Nyland )
er(essex)Nightingale(kent Sussex)Sutton (sussex)