Author Topic: Hoping to date this photo of boy with train  (Read 1390 times)

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Hoping to date this photo of boy with train
« Reply #9 on: Monday 16 April 18 09:47 BST (UK) »
I think the two women are very much alike.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 16 April 18 10:01 BST (UK) »
I think the two women are very much alike.
Carol

and they have very similar noses and cheeks to the man in the middle  :)
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline McGroger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Convicts, Commoners and Outlaws
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 16 April 18 12:24 BST (UK) »
Had a go at a restore but can't really do it justice; too blocky.

I agree with Carol and Gadget that the two women look very much like sisters, more so than the men being brothers.

Peter
Convicts: COSIER (1791); LEADBEATER (1791); SINGLETON (& PARKINSON) (1792); STROUD (1793); BARNES (aka SYDNEY) (1800); DAVIS (1804); CLARK (1806); TYLER (1810); COWEN (1818); ADAMS[ON] (1821); SMITH (1827); WHYBURN (1827); HARBORNE (1828).
Commoners: DOUGAN (1844); FORD (1849); JOHNSTON (1850); BEATTIE (& LONG) (1856); BRICKLEY (1883).
Outlaws: MCGREGOR (1883) & ass. clans, Glasgow, Glenquaich, Glenalmond and Glengyle.

Offline Cynfran

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 16 April 18 16:39 BST (UK) »
Thank you Carol, Gadget and McGroger for your interesting opinions regarding the subjects' relationships and also McGroger for the restore. All given me fresh hope of an answer. Cynfran
Bath
Liverpool
Antrim
Latheron
Merionethshire
Denbighshire

Offline AJ100

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 17 April 18 10:10 BST (UK) »
Was this taken in America? The locomotive the child is holding has a spark arrester that he is hiolding it by and spark arresters were widely used in the States. The date of the locomotive would be anything from 1860 onwards but I agree that the photo would be around 1895.

Regards

AJ

Offline Cynfran

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 17 April 18 19:29 BST (UK) »
Thanks AJ110. What an interesting idea regarding the train, well spotted! It opens up a whole new 'can of worms'!
Your and Treetotal's time frame makes for a useful line of searching, there were indeed family members who emigrated to America and the picture could well have been a memento of loved ones who were unlikely to be seen again.
Thanks also to mowsehowse for your comments, sorry I missed your post at first go.
-Cynfran
Bath
Liverpool
Antrim
Latheron
Merionethshire
Denbighshire