Author Topic: Thomas Ridgley  (Read 1519 times)

Offline eileendavid

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Ridgley
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 17 April 18 15:22 BST (UK) »
Thank you for all your help it was excellent as normal and everyone who posted I am grateful to you all.

On your advise Ciderdrinker  Fanny as you know went to live with Joseph Truss sometime prior to 1871 when she was recorded as his wife in Tipton.  Fanny's son Thomas King Truss alias Thomas Ridgley born 1868 according to later census was recorded as son of Joseph Truss.

I looked for a Thomas King and I found one that was born 1833 so 2 years older than Fanny Ridgley not found his birth in West Bromwich but found a death in Tipton in 1868 the year Thomas Ridgley was born and were Fanny was living with Joseph Tuss in 1871.

England, Staffordshire, Church Records
Name   Thomas King
Event Type   Burial
Event Date   29 Jul 1868
Event Place   Tipton, Staffordshire, England, United Kingdom
Event Place (Original)   Tipton, Staffordshire, England
Parish   St Martin
Age   35
Death Date   1868
Affiliate Image Identifier   D6071/1/24

What do you think?

Could he have died prior to Fanny Ridgley having his son or prior to his birth.

When Thomas Ridgley married he recorded his father was Joseph Ridgley so possibly Joseph Truss was the only father he knew?

On the 1871 census there is an Olivia Truss but can't find anything for her born circa 1857?

Thanks again would love to hear your invaluable expertise on this.

Eileen

Offline Willow 4873

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 22nd July 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 19 April 18 11:44 BST (UK) »
I would say this is a possible birth for Thomas Ridgley 1866 West Bromwich might be worth checking

Rosie

I can't find this one there is a Joseph Ridgley 1866 West Bromwich also Thomas has the middle name King on the 1871 census it looks more than likely that Thomas was illegitimate

Willow x
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and is for academic and non-commercial research purposes only<br /><br />Researching: Hilton (Wolverhampton & Tamworth) , Simkiss & Mears (Wolverhampton & ?) Bowkett & Nash (Ledbury & Wolverhampton) Knight & Beard (Gloucestershire), Colley (Tibberton) Hoggins (Willenhall) Jones (Bilston), Harris & Bourne (Droitwich) Matthews (Wolverhampton & High Offley) Partridge (Monmouthshire)<br /><br /

Offline Phil27

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 19 September 18 16:07 BST (UK) »
Fanny as you know went to live with Joseph Truss sometime prior to 1871 when she was recorded as his wife in Tipton.  Fanny's son Thomas King Truss alias Thomas Ridgley born 1868 according to later census was recorded as son of Joseph Truss.
On the 1871 census there is an Olivia Truss but can't find anything for her born circa 1857?

Just found this having not looked at the site for some while. Fanny Ridgley is my paternal grt grandmother. Olivia in 1871, is also properly called Alice. There was another Alice b 1853 d 1856 born to Joes wife Susannah.