Author Topic: James Wheeler  (Read 1219 times)

Offline tempogold

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: James Wheeler
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 15 April 18 09:12 BST (UK) »
Thank you .I cant find a marriage either nor one for her daughter Dorthy Ruth wheeler . But i see from the 1939 Registry she married a  Mr Trenouth. I wonder if he was in the Navy as her 2 children are born in Plymouth . Dorothy Trenouth nee Wheeler dies Devon 2003.
Still cant find deaths of her parents.
Another twist. Albert E Anderson mentioned on the 1939 Registry was born 3/4/1898. He and the family leave for America and are on the 1930 census on line for Toledo,lucas Ohio. As well as Dorothy is A James E Wheeler aged 10 so born 1923 in UK. But I cant find his birth record. From the American return it suggests Albert and Ada  Jane married about 1929.
As we have the family back in Wales in 1939 they returned in 1933 to Liverpool. Shipping record on line.

Online emeltom

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 15 April 18 09:24 BST (UK) »
Dorothy R Wheeler married Thomas R Trenouth Dec 1945 Stratton 5c 7

Emeltom
Smith Tiplady Boulton Branthwaite King Miller Woolfall Bretherton Archer and many more

Online emeltom

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 15 April 18 09:32 BST (UK) »
There is a possible death for Ada

Ada J Anderson Mar 1945 Chester 8a 635 age 58

A likely reason that a marriage can't be found for Ada to Albert Anderson could be that James was still alive. However if he and Ada split up who knows where he went, so finding a death could be a bit like a needle in a haystack. Even going through all the James Wheeler deaths with an age which fits his birth year won't necessarily find you the right man.

Emeltom
Smith Tiplady Boulton Branthwaite King Miller Woolfall Bretherton Archer and many more

Offline tempogold

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 15 April 18 09:35 BST (UK) »
Thanks. Have amended an earlier post about the family move to America and back again in 1933. Record on line. I think you are right time to stop looking for James . Have discovered thanks to your help more than I expected..

Online emeltom

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 15 April 18 10:00 BST (UK) »
If you look at the Ohio Census entry it states that James E Wheeler was born in Ohio.

Ada J Wheeler married Albert Anderson in Ohio 6 October 1828. She states that she is a widow.

You can see the image on familysearch Ohio County Marriages 1789-2013 page 286

If she really is a widow when she marries Albert then James Wheeler died before 1928 but after 1919 when he left the Army.

Emeltom