Author Topic: Meaden family - South Africa  (Read 863 times)

Offline rczcdm05

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Meaden family - South Africa
« on: Saturday 14 April 18 19:41 BST (UK) »
Kindly assist with any info re; Wilf & Carrie Meaden. They had daughters Val and Pam.

I recall visiting them as a child about 1958 when they resided in Springs Transvaal. then they relocated to Welkom, Orange Free State. Upon retirement I think they moved to Pietermaritzburg, Natal. Carries's maiden name was Spence.

I accompanied my parents to Val's wedding somewhere in Johannesburg and her Husband drove a beautiful Studebaker Silver Hawk.

Apologies: I spelled Meaden as Meadon

Offline rczcdm05

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Meaden family - South Africa
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 15 April 18 10:03 BST (UK) »
Being an absolute novice on Rootschat I get totally lost trying desperately to get around on the site. For example please assist in advising how i can review my previous posts as i wish to update progress made.  ??? ??? lost but still  :) :) :) :) :)

Offline maddys52

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 15 April 18 10:59 BST (UK) »
If you click on "profile" in the toolbar across the top of the page you can see an option on the left hand side of the page "Show Posts". This will show you every post you have made on rootschat, which you can then click on to access and comment on further.  :)

Can't help with your specific query about the MEADONs, but please remember to be careful not to mention by name anyone who may still be living as it is against rootschat policy.  ;)

Offline maddys52

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 15 April 18 22:15 BST (UK) »
Hi Peter,
Here's a screenshot of what your profile page should look like (when you click on "profile"). You can see your previous posts if you click on "show posts". Hopefully this helps.  ;)

Offline pampoen

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Austin, Ayling, Alborough, Bescoby, Cheal, Groom,Rathbone,Tarboton,Lyell and Smith.

Offline pampoen

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 16 April 18 12:10 BST (UK) »
Is it Wilfred James and Caroline Meaden? Could this be him http://www.identitynumber.org/death-notices-results.php?surname=MEADEN
Austin, Ayling, Alborough, Bescoby, Cheal, Groom,Rathbone,Tarboton,Lyell and Smith.