Author Topic: Date Ireland family photo of Julie please  (Read 873 times)

Offline gisela

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Date Ireland family photo of Julie please
« on: Saturday 14 April 18 21:21 BST (UK) »
Can someone please date this photo for me. It was taken in Ireland.

Many thanks

Gisela

Offline gisela

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Urgently need help Dating this Ireland family photo for a dying friend's mum
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 15 April 18 14:04 BST (UK) »
May I ask why this photo is being ignore. I'm restoring this photo for a friend's mum who doesn't have long to live and would like to see the photo restored before she dies, I'm in the middle of restoring this photo free of charge. I've learnt a lot from this site and has helped many people restoring their photos free of charge elsewhere. I'm not looking for anyone to restore this photo. I just need help to have it dated.

It would help me a great deal if I could know the date of this photo so that I can get the appropriate clothes to match. My friend nor her mum do not know what year the photo is. I came hear as a last resort hopefully to get this photo dated so please help a dying woman wish come true.

Many thanks

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Date Ireland family photo of Julie please
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 15 April 18 14:09 BST (UK) »
Gisela...I do remember you being a restorer on here previously. Your photo is not being ignored, it has only just appeared, as all photos now have to be approved by Sarah before being posted. You will have noticed that your posting appeared pink at first...during the waiting time, you can see the post but we can't until it has been approved. Photos may take a little longer to appear at the week-end due to Sarah being busy. This ruling has been in place now for some time.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline gisela

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 15 April 18 15:22 BST (UK) »
Gisela...I do remember you being a restorer on here previously. Your photo is not being ignored, it has only just appeared, as all photos now have to be approved by Sarah before being posted. You will have noticed that your posting appeared pink at first...during the waiting time, you can see the post but we can't until it has been approved. Photos may take a little longer to appear at the week-end due to Sarah being busy. This ruling has been in place now for some time.
Carol

Thanks Carol for letting me know, I was hoping someone would recognise me on here. I haven't been in this forum for years for various family reasons and have noticed things has changed. I shall wait hopefully someone can help with dating the photo.

:)

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 17 April 18 22:21 BST (UK) »
Bringing this back up for a date for Jim to take a look.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline gisela

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 18 April 18 08:58 BST (UK) »
Bringing this back up for a date for Jim to take a look.
Carol

Thank you so much Carol, I appreciate your help.  :-*

Offline jim1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ain't life grand
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 21 April 18 10:50 BST (UK) »
I did look at this at the time but there's so much damage that it's difficult to see any dateable features. However what there is looks around WW1 & possibly into the early 1920's.
Warks:Ashford;Cadby;Clarke;Clifford;Cooke Copage;Easthope;
Edmonds;Felton;Colledge;Lutwyche;Mander(s);May;Poole;Withers.
Staffs.Edmonds;Addison;Duffield;Webb;Fisher;Archer
Salop:Easthope,Eddowes,Hoorde,Oteley,Vernon,Talbot,De Neville.
Notts.Clarke;Redfearne;Treece.
Som.May;Perriman;Cox
India Kane;Felton;Cadby
London.Haysom.
Lancs.Gay.
Worcs.Coley;Mander;Sawyer.
Kings of Wessex & Scotland
Census information is Crown copyright,from
www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/

Offline gisela

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 27 April 18 12:06 BST (UK) »
I did look at this at the time but there's so much damage that it's difficult to see any dateable features. However what there is looks around WW1 & possibly into the early 1920's.

Thank you so much for your time and effort Jim really appreciate it. I agree the photo is very damaged. I've actually managed to enlarge the photo is was very small and impossible to work on it but now knowing the date it'll help a lot.

:)