Author Topic: Re: JOHN STEVENSON, MOTHERWELL  (Read 2398 times)

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
Re: JOHN STEVENSON, MOTHERWELL
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 09 August 18 16:57 BST (UK) »
Message from MidgeZA

Hi, I apologise for the intrusion/any inconvenience caused. I'm still getting the hang of/not too clued up on how to post &  reply etc to the forum.

I thought I was posting to the forum but may have inadvertently sent the same message privately to all who helped. I will check to see if I posted to the forum too.

I have learnt much since my last post & have been doing an updated memo, thanks a great deal to the information you provided, as well as what I learnt from family.

I still have further updates to type up as I think I traced the 2 sisters who emigrated to the UK.
Unfortunately I still have to trace John's origins in UK etc, but I'll just keep on searching every website I can & hopefully something will turn up.

Thank you once again for the miraculous information you provided. Heaven knows how you were able to find all that.

Yours, MidgeZA.

P.S. I now have to plug my cell phone in to check messages etc & even when plugged in it dies so I have to start all over again; so please forgive me if you received more than one reply
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline MidgeZA

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: JOHN STEVENSON, MOTHERWELL
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 16 June 19 18:58 BST (UK) »
Stevenson update

Hi all, I have made enormous strides since scotmum found my Stevenson ancestors. Many thanks!

I said I'd update my information but that would be lengthy & confusing.

For those interested in the Scottish/South African Stevensons & their descendants, I have a family tree on wikitree.

See Myrtle Matilda Grace Stroud née Stevenson & work back from there for my Stevenson heritage.
Stevenson-3108. Also a family tree on familysearch.org. See ID LV5G-X84.

For John Stevenson see familysearch.org ID LV5G-XKH, or wikitree Stevenson-2289 as a starting point.

Related names in UK due to emigration are Ford, Tomey, Isaac & possibly Tripp.