Author Topic: lost relations  (Read 175 times)

Offline pearlds001

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: lost relations
« Reply #9 on: Monday 16 April 18 16:09 BST (UK) »
up until the year 1899  the area was known as Cookham and Bray...
In 1999.. Maidenhead was created including Cookham and Bray..all in the county of Berkshire,, BUT Taplow and Wooburn  were in the county of Buckinghamshire..
Hence on Censes recordes If you were in Eather of  Taplow or Wooburn, You would have been out of the county

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: lost relations
« Reply #10 on: Monday 16 April 18 16:41 BST (UK) »
I realise that Maidenhead, Cookham & Bray are all in Berkshire and that Taplow & Wooburn are in Buckinghamshire (being on the other side of the Thames  :)  )  I assume you are referring to the different area of birth for Phoebe.  ;)

Sorry, I am still not sure what you are trying to establish with William & Phoebe.  :-[

ADDED 1841 census has all the children as Y for born in county this would be true whether they were born in Wooburn or Taplow
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.