Author Topic: Hamilton from Donegal living in Old Monkland Scotland  (Read 861 times)

Offline Aspen

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hamilton from Donegal living in Old Monkland Scotland
« on: Monday 16 April 18 15:03 BST (UK) »
I know that Thomas, James and Sarah Hamilton born, possibly in Donegal, went to Scotland. I think they married in Donegal and then moved. Their parents were William Hamilton and Mary McIntyre or McTear. I have the information on the above, who they married and children. What I would like to know if William and Mary had any other children living in either Ayrshire or Lanarkshire. I would think there could be Partick and William. Possibly Elizabeth as well.
Regards
Aspen
Spence from Raphoe, Donegal, Ireland.
Hamilton from Donegal, Ireland

Offline scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • A tree full of life, a life full of branches!
    • View Profile
Re: Hamilton from Donegal living in Old Monkland Scotland
« Reply #1 on: Monday 16 April 18 16:34 BST (UK) »
So that folks might consider helping you, can you give an indication of dates, even if only approximate?
"Trees without roots fall over!"

""People who never look backward to their ancestors will never look forward to posterity." - Edmund Burke

Don't just wait for the storm to pass, learn to dance in the rain.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious and however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.”  Stephen Hawking

In a world where you can be anything, be kind .

Offline Aspen

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 16 April 18 17:04 BST (UK) »
Thomas, James and Sarah Hamilton were born in 1823-1831 approx. I have no dates for the father William, but Mary was 1781-1863. William died before Mary.
I would think that any other children born to William and Mary Hamilton may before 1820. As she seem to be born approx 1781 I don't think 1830's is an option.
Regards
Aspen

Offline Aspen

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 16 April 18 20:46 BST (UK) »
Thomas, James and Sarah Hamilton were born in 1823-1831 approx. I have no dates for the father William, but Mary was 1781-1863. William died before Mary.
I would think that any other children born to William and Mary Hamilton may before 1820. As she seem to be born approx 1781 I don't think 1830's is an option.
Regards
Aspen