Author Topic: Wells/Kingham family tree  (Read 582 times)

Offline Mart 'n' Al

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Wells/Kingham family tree
« on: Wednesday 18 April 18 13:09 BST (UK) »
I only have access to Ancestry from my local library which means I am unable to contact the owner of a tree. This tree is extremely large, and intersects with some of my research, but I believe there is an error in it. I would very much like to contact the owner of this tree as I have information which I think would be helpful, as well as possibly answering some of my own queries.

Martin

Offline davidft

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Wells/Kingham family tree
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 18 April 18 13:26 BST (UK) »
It might help if you could give a name, date of birth and place of at least one person in the tree so others can find it. I had no luck searching for a Wells/Kingham tree but then that might just be me ...
James Stott c1775-1850. James was born in Yorkshire but where? He was a stonemason and married Elizabeth Archer (nee Nicholson) in 1794 at Ripon. They lived thereafter in Masham. If anyone has any suggestions or leads as to his birthplace I would be interested to know. I have searched for it for years without success. Thank you.

Offline Mart 'n' Al

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 18 April 18 13:38 BST (UK) »
David, I only noted the tree name, Wells/Kingham, both of which are present..  My subject is James Laird, b1820/21, Aberdeen.
The tree is extremely large, with more media attached than I could ever get though in an hour.

Martin

Offline davidft

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 18 April 18 14:27 BST (UK) »
Ok found the tree (Wells/Kingham family tree (started Jul 07)). It has over 80,000 people in it. The owner is in Australia and says of the tree,  "This is just a hobby - not an obsession". they last logged in four days ago.

Anyway if you would like me to send your email address to them please PM it to me and I will contact them on the site to give him your email address. Alternatively I could ask him to come and look for you on rootschat if you preferred.
James Stott c1775-1850. James was born in Yorkshire but where? He was a stonemason and married Elizabeth Archer (nee Nicholson) in 1794 at Ripon. They lived thereafter in Masham. If anyone has any suggestions or leads as to his birthplace I would be interested to know. I have searched for it for years without success. Thank you.

Offline Mart 'n' Al

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 18 April 18 16:21 BST (UK) »
David, thanks so much!  A PM has been sent to you.

Martin

Offline chris_49

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Unknown Father - swiving then vanishing since 1750
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 18 April 18 17:06 BST (UK) »
It has over 80,000 people in it. The owner is in Australia and says of the tree,  "This is just a hobby - not an obsession".

Sorry, that's an obsession. Even if they've been going 20 years that's adding an average of eleven people a day. Mine is a fraction that size and I admit to being obsessed!
Skelcey (Skelsey Skelcy Skeley Shelsey Kelcy Skelcher) - Warks, Yorks, Lancs <br />Hancox - Warks<br />Green - Warks<br />Draper - Warks<br />Lynes - Warks<br />Hudson - Warks<br />Morris - Denbs Mont Salop <br />Davies - Cheshire, North Wales<br />Fellowes - Cheshire, Denbighshire<br />Owens - Cheshire/North Wales<br />Hicks - Cornwall<br />Lloyd and Jones (Mont)<br />Rhys/Rees (Mont)

Offline Mart 'n' Al

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 18 April 18 17:38 BST (UK) »
I've often wondered about hobbies in general, at what point does a passing interest become a hobby and then an obsession.  Then what?  I set out 30 month ago to find out more about my grandfather's middle name, Sedcole.  In so doing I found out that due to a family deception he was actually my GREAT grandfather, and my dad's supposed sister was my dad's mother.  Then I encountered two first cousins that the 'sister' never told us about.  (In fact, wouldn't have even known about).  Now I just like digging for skeletons in cupboards.

PS I actually do have at least 36 different Rubik's Cubes, possibly 50+.  (That is somewhere between a passing interest and a hobby.)

Martin

Offline davidft

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 18 April 18 18:30 BST (UK) »
Martin,

Message has been sent. Good luck

David