Author Topic: John Lavery born about 1823  (Read 356 times)

Offline Chiad Fhear

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Aye mair questions than answers!
    • View Profile
John Lavery born about 1823
« on: Wednesday 18 April 18 16:39 BST (UK) »
Hi there

Another brick wall is stopping the tree roots from spreading ...  >:(

John Lavery was born about 1823 In Ireland.  I have found a Catholic Parish Register entry with a possible Baptism for him in Shankill Parish, Dromore on 19 August 1823 as son of John Lavery and Mary McDonnell.

He married Helen McLaren about 1855 in Ireland and I have found them on the 1881 Census with their five children – Daniel (1856), Catherine (1860), Mary (1862), John (1864) and Margaret (1866) - residing at 46 College Street, Dumbarton, Dunbartonshire, Scotland.  Helen died on 28 February 1884 in Dumbarton, Dunbartonshire, Scotland.  Two of their daughters; Mary died in Larbert, Stirlingshire, Scotland in 1898, and Margaret in New York, USA in about 1910.

I cannot find a death for John (1823).  If he died in Scotland, it would show his parents’ names and would confirm that I have the right person.

Can anyone help?

Regards

Chiad Fhear
Aye mair questions than answers in a world where the past was a different place - that cannae be revisited!

Family surnames being researched ...
Crawford, Neilson, Lindsay, Reekie, Davidson
Drummond, Laing, Pearson, Tulloch ... will do for starters but there's a whole lot more!

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: John Lavery born about 1823
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 19 April 18 14:34 BST (UK) »
Just linking this to the other thread, CF, for info.

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=791976.0

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.