Author Topic: Looking for proof.  (Read 589 times)

Offline 'Trish'

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Looking for proof.
« on: Wednesday 18 April 18 16:58 BST (UK) »
I am trying to find out if three boys from same family attend St Joseph's industrial school at Artane. Is there a register which could prove this? The boys were called William, Robert & Herbert (aka Hughie) surname Russell. How can I also prove that the boys mother Margaret Russell & Maggie's daughter Ellen lived in Dun Laoghaire, Adelaide Street, & that Ellen attended Marriners church School in Adelaide Street?
Is there away proving/disproving the childrens father was with them. Robert W B Russell was a private in the Scots Fusiliers. I have found the proof that RW Bisset (aka Russell) was a private in the Scots Fusiliers, but not if he was with his wife Maggie & the children when they went to Dublin in 1924 - and returned to Scotland in 1930. Maggie went to work for Ormsby-Hamilton at Kilkenny Castle.
I have asked alot of this site & whatever I have asked the researchers have been very very helpful and actually found cousins from the same family, I cannot fault them, always polite & friendly. Regards Trish
Fear, Puddy, Bunn, Hemsbury - Wedmore Somerset.  Watts - Romsey Hants, Frome Somerset, Warminster Wilts & Wokingham Berkshire.  Roberts - Newport, Stone Glos, Austin - Monmouth. Dix or Dicks - Frome. Pugh - Llanbrynmair, Trevithin & Tafolwern