Author Topic: Burial Records - Bentley and Janet Shaw  (Read 1298 times)

Offline Eric8751

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Burial Records - Bentley and Janet Shaw
« on: Thursday 19 April 18 11:15 BST (UK) »
I am trying to find the burial place/records for Janet Hall Shaw (nee Crawford) who died 9 March 1929 in Throsk Stirlingshire and her husband Bentley Shaw who died 4 June 1939 also in Throsk Stirlingshire.  Their deaths were registered in Bannockburn.  I have contacted Stirling Archives who advised that there is no record of their burials in Bannockburn Cemetery around the time of their deaths.  They are my grandmother's parents and I would dearly love to know their final resting place.  If anyone can help in this regard it would be much appreciated.  If details are found please advise cemetery and lair/grave location.  Thank you.

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
Re: Burial Records - Bentley and Janet Shaw
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 19 April 18 12:17 BST (UK) »
Have you tried asking Stirling Archives if they were buried somewhere else, or cremated?
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline Eric8751

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Burial Records - Bentley and Janet Shaw
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 19 April 18 14:09 BST (UK) »
They advised that they also checked the St Ninians Burial Registers 1904 - 1933 and the Stirling Cemeteries Burial Registers 1915 - 1948 without success.