Author Topic: Richard Leslie Heenan "Silent Films Necrology"  (Read 1467 times)

Offline Heather58

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Richard Leslie Heenan "Silent Films Necrology"
« on: Thursday 19 April 18 22:06 BST (UK) »
Good evening I am trying to help my friend find her grandfather Richard F Heenan he was born in Liverpool 1881 and his parents were William Heenan b 1845 Ireland and mother Margaret Walford born London. Richard married Lillian Noble in 1909 Birkenhead, Cheshire, and had two boys Richard Noble Heenan and Robert Leslie Heenan.  I have found the family in New York in the 1915 census  living at East 14th St 1713.  My friend knows that Lillian and the boys came back to England but I can't find any trace of Richard haven't a clue what happened to him.  Can anyone help me please.
Regards
 :)
Warburton, Ackerley, Foxley, Gerrards, Buckley, Totty, Woodworth, Parkes, Bingley, Meredith, Gill, Royle all Cheshire, Pritchard,  Roberts, Caernarfonshire. Ingham, Roberts in Denbigh

Offline Christine53

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Dick Heenan - the actor
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 19 April 18 22:33 BST (UK) »
On an incoming passenger list :

Richard  Heenan  actor 38
Lillian Heenan h'wife 32
Richard Heenan 9
Robert Heenan 5

going to 2 Promenade , Seacombe, Cheshire
arrived Liverpool 14 Jun 1919 on the Carmania.
Census information  Crown Copyright
www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Millmoor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 19 April 18 22:47 BST (UK) »

There appears to be a death for Lillian in 1923 - the probate calendar has this "Heenan Lillian of 23 Trafalgar Road Egremont Cheshire  (wife of Richard Heenan) died 17 Sept 1923.Administration (with Will) (Limited) to Robert Noble Merchant".

William

Dent (Haltwhistle and Sacriston), Bell and Jetson (Haltwhistle), Postle, Ward, Longstaff, Purvis, Manners, Parnaby and Hardy (Co. Durham), Kennedy and McRobert (Banffshire), Reid(Bathgate), Watson (Wemyss), Graham (Libberton), Sandilands (Carmichael), Munro (Dingwall)

Offline Millmoor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 19 April 18 23:19 BST (UK) »
Marriage notice Liverpool Echo 13 May 1940

May 11, at Great Sutton, Robert Leslie, younger son of the late Mr and Mrs Richard Heenan, Brooklyn New York,  to Rayda, only daughter of Mr and Mrs G F Cash, Great Sutton.

This would suggest that Richard returned to New York.

William
Dent (Haltwhistle and Sacriston), Bell and Jetson (Haltwhistle), Postle, Ward, Longstaff, Purvis, Manners, Parnaby and Hardy (Co. Durham), Kennedy and McRobert (Banffshire), Reid(Bathgate), Watson (Wemyss), Graham (Libberton), Sandilands (Carmichael), Munro (Dingwall)

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 20 April 18 13:05 BST (UK) »
Here is their 1909 passenger list to New York, which said they were going to Camden, New Jersey - https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3Q9M-C9T3-BS2L-S?i=166&cc=1368704

Lillian and son sailed to New York in 1912 - https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:JJYN-3NR

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 20 April 18 13:23 BST (UK) »
New York City birth index -  Robert L. Heenan, born 17 May 1914, Brooklyn, New York, certificate #19397

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 20 April 18 19:58 BST (UK) »
There is a link here to Brooklyn city directories - https://www.nypl.org/collections/articles-databases/digitized-brooklyn-city-directories  I think you'd have the best luck going through them page by page to look up Heenan rather than searching.  These might help to see if Richard came back after 1919 or was there from 1915-1919.  Sometimes, these directories will include info about a person moving elsewhere or when they died. 

Offline Heather58

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 20 April 18 22:38 BST (UK) »
Thank you all for helping my friend but did Richard Heenan die in the USA or England, if he died in the USA how do I go about getting a certificate?  I also noted with one of the answers that Lillian left a Will in 1923 and she lived in Ergemont, Liverpool, many thanks for every ones help
Kind regards
 :)
Warburton, Ackerley, Foxley, Gerrards, Buckley, Totty, Woodworth, Parkes, Bingley, Meredith, Gill, Royle all Cheshire, Pritchard,  Roberts, Caernarfonshire. Ingham, Roberts in Denbigh

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 20 April 18 23:54 BST (UK) »
If he died in the US, you would need to find which state/city he died in before getting a certificate.  Some certificates are online, but most are not.

I haven't found any sign of him dying in either country, but not every state in the US has this information readily available online for all time frames.  I don't see a return passenger list to the US or any sign of him being alive in the US beyond 1919.  That's why I suggested the city directories.