Author Topic: Date and Clean-up, Please? Unknown ancestor, Pennsylvania, USA  (Read 1615 times)

Offline Wiggy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • coloured by Gadget
    • View Profile
Re: Date and Clean-up, Please? Unknown ancestor, Pennsylvania, USA
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 21 April 18 07:19 BST (UK) »
I had a try at your original posting Lisa, but it wasn't good at all - so I threw it in the bin.

Sorry tricky one -  Peter's effort is herioc!
Gaunt, Ransom, McNally, Stanfield, Kimberley. (Tasmania)
Brown, Johnstone, Eskdale, Brand  (Dumfriesshire,  Scotland)
Booth, Bruerton, Deakin, Wilkes, Kimberley
(Warwicks, Staffords)
Gaunt (Yorks)
Percy, Dunning, Hyne, Grigg, Farley (Devon, UK)
Duncan (Fife, Devon), Hugh, Blee (Cornwall)
Green, Mansfield, (Herts)
Cavenaugh, Ransom (Middlesex)

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.

Offline Lisa in California

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 21 April 18 07:30 BST (UK) »
Thank you very much for your time and effort, Wiggy.  Yes, Peter's results are wonderful.

I did find other photographs that intrigue me.  Perhaps once I've figured out which one might offer the most clues, I can post it to try to determine the approximate date of the photo.  Thank you again.
Ellison: Co. Wicklow/Canada       Fowley: Sligo/Canada       Furnival: Lancashire/Canada       Ibbotson: Sheffield/Canada       Lee/DeJongh: Lancashire & Cheshire       Mumford: Essex/Canada       Ovens: Ireland/Canada       Sarge: Yorkshire/Canada             Stuart: Sligo/Canada       Sullivan: Co. Clare/Canada      Vaus: Sussex/Surrey      Wakefield: Tuam or Ballinasloe, Ireland              (Surname: Originated/Place Last Lived)  (Canadians lived in Ontario)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 21 April 18 07:52 BST (UK) »
I have started, Lisa, but it will take me a while (days) to do. I ration the time I spend when working on images (eyes).
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 21 April 18 07:58 BST (UK) »
Hi Gadget:  Thank you very much for your efforts.  I look forward to eventually seeing the results.  Thank you, Lisa

I do have another photo to post (not for a clean-up, just for a date range) and will try to do so in an hour or two.
Ellison: Co. Wicklow/Canada       Fowley: Sligo/Canada       Furnival: Lancashire/Canada       Ibbotson: Sheffield/Canada       Lee/DeJongh: Lancashire & Cheshire       Mumford: Essex/Canada       Ovens: Ireland/Canada       Sarge: Yorkshire/Canada             Stuart: Sligo/Canada       Sullivan: Co. Clare/Canada      Vaus: Sussex/Surrey      Wakefield: Tuam or Ballinasloe, Ireland              (Surname: Originated/Place Last Lived)  (Canadians lived in Ontario)

Offline Wiggy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • coloured by Gadget
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 21 April 18 08:11 BST (UK) »
Start another thread with your next photo though won't you!    ;) ;)

Wiggy
Gaunt, Ransom, McNally, Stanfield, Kimberley. (Tasmania)
Brown, Johnstone, Eskdale, Brand  (Dumfriesshire,  Scotland)
Booth, Bruerton, Deakin, Wilkes, Kimberley
(Warwicks, Staffords)
Gaunt (Yorks)
Percy, Dunning, Hyne, Grigg, Farley (Devon, UK)
Duncan (Fife, Devon), Hugh, Blee (Cornwall)
Green, Mansfield, (Herts)
Cavenaugh, Ransom (Middlesex)

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 21 April 18 09:37 BST (UK) »
I will, Wiggy, thank you.   ;)  Lisa

Offline Mike Morrell (NL)

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 21 April 18 10:32 BST (UK) »
It's not nearly as clean as Peter's but my this my try.
Photo restorers may re-use and improve on my posted versions. Acknowledgement appreciated.

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 21 April 18 19:57 BST (UK) »
Hi Mike:

You've done amazing work as well; thank you so much for your help.

I received the photo album a few years ago and I suppose because I couldn't identify anyone, I put it away to concentrate on another album I received. In the other album, I could easily identify a lot of the people and I've not stopped researching that branch of my husband's family.  In the album with this lady's photo, I cannot figure out the reason for the placement of the photos - family groups do not appear to be placed together (people look so different from each other), photos were taken in different areas of the country, etc.  Perhaps with time I might figure out who a couple of the people were and can go from there.

Your work as well as Peter's work have given me the kick I needed to find out more about the people. Thank you very much.  Lisa

Offline Mike Morrell (NL)

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 22 April 18 07:14 BST (UK) »
Thanks for your positive feedback. I'm glad the restores help. BTW one of our 2 daughters is a "Lisa" too.
Mike
Hi Mike:

You've done amazing work as well; thank you so much for your help.

I received the photo album a few years ago and I suppose because I couldn't identify anyone, I put it away to concentrate on another album I received. In the other album, I could easily identify a lot of the people and I've not stopped researching that branch of my husband's family.  In the album with this lady's photo, I cannot figure out the reason for the placement of the photos - family groups do not appear to be placed together (people look so different from each other), photos were taken in different areas of the country, etc.  Perhaps with time I might figure out who a couple of the people were and can go from there.

Your work as well as Peter's work have given me the kick I needed to find out more about the people. Thank you very much.  Lisa
Photo restorers may re-use and improve on my posted versions. Acknowledgement appreciated.