Author Topic: Can Any one help please with Roman Catholic Baptism Records please?  (Read 3695 times)

Offline jacky_d

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Can Any one help please with Roman Catholic Baptism Records please?
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 13 May 18 15:57 BST (UK) »
Hi Maggsie I had a paid search completed for me about 10 years ago with all the names above but sadly they returned with no information on any of the names...I also spoke to the records office several times and to all fairness they were pretty amazing and nothing was to much trouble for them. Even though there was no records found I knew there has to be something within these records as I know they would have with out a doubt had them all Baptised.

And you have just proved my point so im glad i never gave up hope....And from the info you have given me my cousin has  found the man actually living in in 3 Garth st at the time which is a big wow!
So im going to see what else i can find and if nothing turns up I will start searching my local RC records as I do know they lived in shrewsbury in 1902 as my Great Grandad ran a boarding house there its a bit of a journey to get there but quite easily done well far easier than Cardiff any way thank you again for your kindness

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 13 May 18 16:12 BST (UK) »
They certainly moved about. By the way, did you see that the 1891 has Angelo’s birth as London  :o
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline jacky_d

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 13 May 18 16:30 BST (UK) »
Yes we've always found that to be a bit odd really ( but everything about this tree has been very odd) but we have his Birth certificate and it does say he was born in Cardiff and his mothers name was my great grandmother's maiden name! this is even odder given she was married to my Great Grandfather by then...there is actually a photo on here of them on there wedding day.  Yes they did travel around a lot but settled in Chester from 1911 until they died. Thanks again   

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 13 May 18 16:42 BST (UK) »
So who is the Angelo Sebastiano listed as his father on the baptism record?  ??? And where does Antonio Marco / Mazzone fit in? Is he your great grandfather? But not Angelo’s father? Is there no father listed on his birth certificate?

Again the actual register should give his mother’s maiden name too, not just Francesca.
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline Maggsie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 14 May 18 10:55 BST (UK) »
Hi,
Do you know the names of Antonio's parents?
Maggsie

Offline bevo

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 29 July 18 19:32 BST (UK) »

I'm not sure about this, bit I think Italian women (like Spanish women) don't change their surname when they marry. This could explain the Pond/Ponts/Mazzone etc bit...

Offline jacky_d

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 29 July 18 20:15 BST (UK) »
hi bevo thank you for your response and yes I have heard of this before but she  did change her name to her married name from 1890 onwards but thank you for your response
Jacky