Author Topic: Frayne siblings, kilmovee  (Read 2908 times)

Offline janet eliza

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Frayne siblings, kilmovee
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 24 April 18 01:19 BST (UK) »
The parents married in 1856 in Achorny Kilmovee.

Offline janet eliza

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 24 April 18 01:20 BST (UK) »
Thanks for all your help, lunch time here I’m in OZ.

Offline janet eliza

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 24 April 18 09:04 BST (UK) »
I found James and a Michael on the Goole  1891 census, michael was 29 and James 20, I’ll have a look through the pages you recommended.

Offline Owenwee

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 24 April 18 20:41 BST (UK) »
  Other children of Michael Frain and Anne  Harrington

Thomas 8th Nov 1857
Patrick 20th Aug 1859
James 02 July 1869* your family
Ann 13 Aug 1871
Bridget 25 Aug 1873
Ellen 12 Jan 1878

The family come from Culmore Kilmovee Parish, 1901 census shows family  Ann Frain widow with son and daughter Thomas and Ellen also married daughter Bridget  Green and husband and child.

Census of  1911  Ann  surname spelt Freyne   is still with Bridget and family who  now have 9 children. Thomas and Ellen  no longer with the family.  Ann Frain died 05 Aug 1918  Bridget Green present at death both of Culmore.   The marriage of Bridget Frain and John Green in 1900 show her father as Michael Frain deceased.Michael Frain died 11 April 1896  daughter Bridget Frain present at death.

No birth found for a Michael Frain  but there are several families living in Culmore maybe he is related.

Offline janet eliza

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 24 April 18 23:06 BST (UK) »
owenwee, thank you so very much iv been searching for ages and couldn’t find anything I really do appreciate everyone’s help.

Offline janet eliza

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 25 April 18 11:20 BST (UK) »
Owenwee, do you think it’s possible there were more children, I know there is a mary and Catherine born 1865/67, there seems to be a gap of a few years and the other children were born close together, thanks for your input.

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 25 April 18 11:55 BST (UK) »
It's quite possible there are more children.
This is the record for Thomas on the left hand page
https://registers.nli.ie/registers/vtls000632350#page/15/mode/1up
The only way to know for sure is to go through the register.
Sites like Ancestry, FindMyPast and Family Search have transcriptions they all tend to give slightly different results it very much depends on the transcriber, it's better to go through the register yourself and use those sites as a guide only or don't use them at all.

Offline Owenwee

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 25 April 18 23:25 BST (UK) »
 Its possible that there are more children, but the pay site I use only show Mary, Catherine and the ones I listed.  I did find a birth of a Michael Frain  01 March 1857  to parents John Frain and Catherine Byrne, the address is Culmore .  John and Catherine have other children one is Patrick born 01 Feb 1855  the sponsor of this child is a Michael Frain, this could possibly be your Michael Frain father of James your family line.Michael the child could be a cousin.

When you  search registers  ensure the address is shown as  Culmore as surnames  Frain and  Harrington are from the area,  many people assume that they have "found" a birth, marriage just because the names appear to be the same.  Culmore has several families of Frain in census so there may be other "Michaels".

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 26 April 18 02:34 BST (UK) »
Owenwee, do you think it’s possible there were more children, I know there is a mary and Catherine born 1865/67, there seems to be a gap of a few years and the other children were born close together, thanks for your input.
Civil registration of births didn't begin until 1864. I don't see a birth registered for your couple in 1864.
Kilmovee parish register for 1861-3 seems to be mixed up and there are some months missing. There is a page of 1863 baptisms which seem to follow on from 1860; names of months have faded. I found Nov. & Dec. 1863 somewhere else. 1861 seems to end in September. Then the register appeared to jump to end of 1863, missing 1862 altogether.  ???  I've searched those years in that register before for one of my tribe whose mother was also a Harrington but not found her. Writing is bad in some places.
While searching those years in the register for children of your couple I turned up baptism of a Harrington cousin of my lass with her parents as sponsors, so it was fruitful for me if not for you.  :)
Cowban