Author Topic: LivingDNA test  (Read 5288 times)

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: LivingDNA test
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 25 April 18 14:08 BST (UK) »
I uploaded my FTDNA results and have an expected time of  August results. Dont care about any promises or facts.

Neither fussed nor excited to see the results, its another tentacle in that search for people connected to me.

Hi David,
I've had a look on the Living DNA site and can't easily see where to upload FTDNA results. Can you please point me in the right direction?

Offline davidft

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 25 April 18 14:44 BST (UK) »
I uploaded my FTDNA results and have an expected time of  August results. Dont care about any promises or facts.

Neither fussed nor excited to see the results, its another tentacle in that search for people connected to me.

Hi David,
I've had a look on the Living DNA site and can't easily see where to upload FTDNA results. Can you please point me in the right direction?

Not exactly what you asked for but may be worth a read (if not done so already) until DavidG02 can get back to you

https://www.livingdna.com/help-centre/114/i-was-already-tested-another-company-can-i-transferupload-my-existing-raw-data

especially as it tells you what you don't get if you don't test with them. Oh and they have a sale on at the moment at very reasonable prices compared to what they were when they first launched.
James Stott c1775-1850. James was born in Yorkshire but where? He was a stonemason and married Elizabeth Archer (nee Nicholson) in 1794 at Ripon. They lived thereafter in Masham. If anyone has any suggestions or leads as to his birthplace I would be interested to know. I have searched for it for years without success. Thank you.

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 25 April 18 22:50 BST (UK) »
Thanks David. I will have a read of that in a minute. (through googling I realise that they omit some information if transferred from another company).  :)

Offline DavidG02

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 26 April 18 02:38 BST (UK) »

Hi David,
:-[ Do you know I cant recall.

I thought I got the link from this thread but looking up I cant have.  ??? ??? ???

I think I googled from the above post and followed the One family One world link. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the info.

https://www.livingdna.com/one-family/research
Genealogy-Its a family thing

Paternal: Gibbins,McNamara, Jenkins, Schumann,  Inwood, Sheehan, Quinlan, Tierney, Cole

Maternal: Munn, Simpson , Brighton, Clayfield, Westmacott, Corbell, Hatherell, Blacksell/Blackstone, Boothey , Muirhead

Son: Bull, Kneebone, Lehmann, Cronin, Fowler, Yates, Biglands, Rix, Carpenter, Pethick, Carrick, Male, London, Jacka, Tilbrook, Scott, Hampshire, Buckley

Brickwalls-   Schumann, Simpson,Westmacott/Wennicot
Scott, Cronin
Gedmatch Kit : T812072

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 26 April 18 04:07 BST (UK) »
Thanks David. I did have a look last night, but couldn't find anywhere to "join up". I will check your link now.  :)

Offline Kimbrey

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 26 April 18 16:03 BST (UK) »

I think you have to go into your "Results" page and on the left hand side is a list of options click on "Research"

Kim

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 30 April 18 23:34 BST (UK) »
All sorted thanks everyone.  :)

Offline GailB

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 08 May 18 15:15 BST (UK) »
I've taken a LivingDna test and now have 10/12 weeks to wait.

I organised a test for my mother in mid January, we are now getting close to mid May and her results still say due mid June, so good luck with the 10-12 weeks wait ... it may be a little longer than that.
Armitage, Atherton, Barton, Beck, Bradshaw, Brumfitt, Chetwin, Conalty, Connolly, Connor(s), Davidson, Hilton, Hoey, Johnson, Jones, Knight, Lester, McDonald, Molyneux, Morris, Pownall, Rushton, Spark, Stanley, Tunstall, Welsby, West, Wharton, Williams, Wilson, Windridge, Windstandley

Offline Jill Eaton

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 09 May 18 13:06 BST (UK) »
I've taken a LivingDna test and now have 10/12 weeks to wait.

I organised a test for my mother in mid January, we are now getting close to mid May and her results still say due mid June, so good luck with the 10-12 weeks wait ... it may be a little longer than that.

I've been emailed to say it should be ready on the 20/07/2018. We shall see ;)
Davis - Berkshire & London
Sutcliffe - Yorkshire & London
Harrington - Ireland and London
Fuller - Cambridgeshire and Essex
Waldron/Waldren - Devon & London
Frisby and Lee - Leicestershire
Hollingsworth - Essex
Williams - Ireland? and London
Ellis, Reed & Temple - London
Lane - ?
Surplice/Surplus - Cambridgeshire
Elwood - Cambridgeshire