Author Topic: LivingDNA test  (Read 871 times)

Offline GailB

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: LivingDNA test
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 17 May 18 11:58 BST (UK) »
LivingDNA are also supposed to be better for those with British ancestry (according to the various reviews I read before deciding) as they break down the locations into smaller, more defined regions in the British Isles. And all three sites that I've got my autosomal DNA on agree that I'm 100%.

I've a reasonable grasp of the geographical locations of my ancestors for approximately the last 175 years, barring the ones who refuse to give up their background via the paper-trail route. it will be interesting to see where LivingDna places them.

I have now had my mothers results. The reason my sister ordered through LivingDNA was to get a better breakdown of where in the UK we came from.

The results are 98.9% Europe
1.1% Asia South

That is it no breakdown whatsoever
Armitage, Atherton, Barton, Beck, Bradshaw, Brumfitt, Chetwin, Conalty, Connolly, Connor(s), Davidson, Hilton, Hoey, Johnson, Jones, Knight, Lester, McDonald, Molyneux, Morris, Pownall, Rushton, Spark, Stanley, Tunstall, Welsby, West, Wharton, Williams, Wilson, Windridge, Windstandley

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.