Author Topic: Sarah Wildblood 1770-1775  (Read 2190 times)

Offline queenswood 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Sarah Wildblood 1770-1775
« on: Tuesday 24 April 18 15:05 BST (UK) »
Looking for the birth of Sarah between 1770 and 1775 in the Wybunbury/Barthomley/Astbury area. i believe she had a sister Ann and a father or brother called Daniel.
I have a baptism in Astbury in 1773 but am struggling to locate a sister with the same father Daniel- or even a brother called daniel- any ideas please?

Ann married James Lees in 1790 in Wybunbury but was living in Barthomley.
Sarah married Joseph Dean in 1792 on the Wybunbury reg but was living in Nantwich.

James Lees signed the marriage Licence with Joseph Dean for Sarah and Joseph and Ann and James were the only witnesses at the marriage of Sarah and Joseph.

Daniel Wildblood was a witness at the marriage of Ann but was he her father or her brother?
Ann and her husband James were the witnesses at the marriage of Sarah 2 years later.

A bit of a tangled web but am just trying to work out the family structure of Sarah.

Many thanks
Caroline
Roots/Day/Atkins - (Essex/Suffolk/ London)Bourne/Milner/Corden-(Staffs/Shrops/Cheshire)
Wood/Gibbs/Battrick/Fall/Budden-(Dorset)

Offline emeltom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Sarah Wildblood 1770-1775
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 24 April 18 15:24 BST (UK) »
Baptism Place: Astbury
Parents: Daniel and Sarah
Abode: Smallwood
baptisms:
Ann 1770
Samuel 1771
Sarah 1773
Martha 1778

Emeltom
Smith Tiplady Boulton Branthwaite King Miller Woolfall Bretherton Archer and many more

Offline emeltom

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 24 April 18 15:31 BST (UK) »
First of all a correction to my last post - Martha was baptised 1768 not 1778.

I have also found John baptised 1764 and Hannah baptised 1760 the illegitimate adughter of Daniel Wildblood and Baddely

Marriage at Astbury 22 July 1762 by Banns

Daniel Wildblood and Sarah Baddely

Emeltom
Smith Tiplady Boulton Branthwaite King Miller Woolfall Bretherton Archer and many more

Offline queenswood 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 24 April 18 16:15 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much for all of this! Now the only other query i have is that there is also a baptism of a sarah wildblood at Astbury in 1771- the daughter of John wildblood and Mary. is there any sign of this sarah also having a sister Ann? I ask because of the marriage of sarah Wildblood in 1792 where she states that she is over 21 (no parental consent required!) and the only witnesses were James Lees and his wife Ann (Ann Wildblood). James also stood guarantor with Joseph Dean on the wedding licence of Joseph Dean to Sarah Wildblood- so the sisters must have been close!
Just need to establish as best that i can that we have the right line!
Really appreciate all your help
Caroline
Roots/Day/Atkins - (Essex/Suffolk/ London)Bourne/Milner/Corden-(Staffs/Shrops/Cheshire)

Offline emeltom

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 24 April 18 16:23 BST (UK) »
I can only find two children born to a John and a Mary
Hannah 1758 Astbury parents John and Mary nee Bossen abode Moreton
Sarah 1771Astbury parents John and Mary, no other details given

Quite a gap if they are sisters.

Emeltom

Offline queenswood 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 24 April 18 16:30 BST (UK) »
Hi - thank you. i would agree- and I think the Daniel Wildblood as witness at the marriage of Ann in 1790 is probably the clincher. My only other thought was that daniel could have been a brother rather than the father but that does not work either! It seems a bit odd that sarah and Joseph Dean got married with only Ann and James Lees as witnesses- but maybe that was hiding the fact that she really was under age despite disclosing that she was over 21! Joseph Dean turned out to be a bit of a rogue and a rascal and almost disowned by his own father so there are many questions! many thanks for giving me an extra pair of eyes into this one! It also seems that there are Wildbloods shown as being in Alsager around the same time but listing Barthomley. i wonder if they are part of the picture? Ann is shown as living at Barthonley when she married James Lees in 1790. Whilst Smallwood is in the parish of Astbury and about 6 miles from Barthomley, presumably Barthomley was in the parish of Alsager? Too many questions!!!!! A good project for a rainy day today! :)

Offline queenswood 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 24 April 18 17:08 BST (UK) »
I have found Charles Wildblood in the parish of Smallwood paying land tax in 1781-1786 for house and lands which look to be about 6 acres. property owned by John Booth and occupied by Charles. So this puts Charles as a main tenant in Smallwood, the same small parish as we found Daniel and his wife Sarah- and where sarah and her sister ann were baptised. Hope this is helpful!
However- the next challenge is this- There is a burial on 11th April 1790 of Elizabeth wildblood- aged 42 at Barthomley- she is the wife of a Daniel Wildblood and the daughter of John Booth!
How on earth does all this come together? This Daniel was born c 1754 and married elizabeth Booth at Astbury on 19th Sept 1775. This is quite a family to unravel!
caroline

Offline emeltom

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 24 April 18 19:07 BST (UK) »
Sarah Wildblood, wife of Daniel, was buried at Astbury 13 May 1774 so Elizabeth must be his second wife.

Emeltom

Offline emeltom

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 24 April 18 19:09 BST (UK) »
Just read your last post properly and if Daniel wasn't born until 1754 he can't be the Daniel who was married to Sarah as he would only have been 8 in 1762.

Emeltom