Author Topic: HARRIS, HOWELLS, WEBB, CECIL AND WORD Migration to the America's  (Read 1857 times)

Offline JACK GEE

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
HARRIS, HOWELLS, WEBB, CECIL AND WORD Migration to the America's
« on: Tuesday 24 April 18 18:38 BST (UK) »
I have DNA connection to Cecil, Harris, Webb, Howells and Word surnames.
However the base of the DNA is in America with no paper trail back the the UK.
I seek any families with these surnames that have family members that have migrated to the America's in the 1700/early1800.
Our DNA base in the UK is loosely from Gloucestershire, Herefordshire and Wales.

Cheers
Jack Gee
CECIL - DNA, GILBERT-ShirehamptonEng-Vic/Australia,HERWEG-WoltwiescheGERmany-Vic/Aust,CREIGHTON-Donegal-NI,Gosforth/CumbriaEng-Vic/Aust,MCCLURE-Cloghroe/KillynureDonegal NI,Vic/Aust,PATULLO-StMadoesPerthshire-Vic/Aust,NICHOLAS-Nth CheritonEng/Vic Aust,COX-ShirehamptonEng,FORD-MidsomerNortonEng,THOMAS-Pilton/Devon,EDWARDS-Bristol/Eng,BOND-Norfolk,NAU-Germany,SINGLETON-MuncasterEng,LADLAY-GosforthEng,JOHNSTONE-BalmerinoFife, TEMPLE-StranorlarNI,CRAIGIE,HALL,HANNAM,GINGELL,HALE,OSMAN,HARVEY,ALLEN.

Offline yeahyeah121212

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: HARRIS, HOWELLS, WEBB, CECIL AND WORD Migration to the America's
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 26 July 18 20:22 BST (UK) »
Not sure if I could help or not, but I have the surname Webb, my family act like gypsies however I have no confirmation if I have gypsy blood, and I am also related to a Harris family

Offline JACK GEE

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 12 November 18 03:48 GMT (UK) »
hello Crazy,
do you have any known migratory links from Wales, Gloucestershire to North America that you could share?

cheers
Jack
CECIL - DNA, GILBERT-ShirehamptonEng-Vic/Australia,HERWEG-WoltwiescheGERmany-Vic/Aust,CREIGHTON-Donegal-NI,Gosforth/CumbriaEng-Vic/Aust,MCCLURE-Cloghroe/KillynureDonegal NI,Vic/Aust,PATULLO-StMadoesPerthshire-Vic/Aust,NICHOLAS-Nth CheritonEng/Vic Aust,COX-ShirehamptonEng,FORD-MidsomerNortonEng,THOMAS-Pilton/Devon,EDWARDS-Bristol/Eng,BOND-Norfolk,NAU-Germany,SINGLETON-MuncasterEng,LADLAY-GosforthEng,JOHNSTONE-BalmerinoFife, TEMPLE-StranorlarNI,CRAIGIE,HALL,HANNAM,GINGELL,HALE,OSMAN,HARVEY,ALLEN.

Offline JACK GEE

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 09 December 18 09:42 GMT (UK) »
Please add Hyatt or Hyett to the original post.

Cheers
Jack Gee

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 09 December 18 10:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jack,

At the bottom of each RootsChat page in the brown section under "Your Tools" is a section "Surname Interests" - you can check thru a quick search if any of the surnames you mention are listed.  You can also add your own if you have not already done so.

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline GaryHowellWordWebb

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 06 June 20 18:55 BST (UK) »
Hi Jack, I have all the ydna Howell, Word, Webb, Cecil, Harris but none of the surnames. My closest ancestor is Howell around 1650. My ancestor Nicholas Phillips showed up in Charles Parish, York County, Virginia around 1695 and married Anne Moss after 1696. No headrights, but he owned 150 acres in York County in 1704 and purchased the Sessions House https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sessions%E2%80%93Pope%E2%80%93Sheild_House
in 1708. There doesn't appear to be any information on his parents. It's a bit of a head scracher.
Kind regards,
Gary