Author Topic: Magee Family 12-13 kids  (Read 1517 times)

Offline Magee-Kelly

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Magee Family 12-13 kids
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 25 April 18 23:04 BST (UK) »
Thanks you guys!  I think you are on to something b/c this family you found might have been cousins.  I found the census (1940) for Michael J. 0'Kelly and he was head of the household, a widower and he said he was born in 1884 (in the "free state of Ireland")so those people can't be his family  :-[   They might be his cousins though!  I actually heard that Michael's son (Walter) ran into a Barney Magee at a pub, no less ---(I saw there was a Bernard in that family!) in Chicago and they figured out they were cousins!  I guess the two had a pint too many because it appears a fight broke out when they heard or learned how successful Michael had become and WHY didn't he help them!  (It turns out Michael WAS sending them money all along but the parents didn't mention that to  the kids!)   Anyway, the story is kinda crazy.  I have a relative in mind that I'm going to contact and I'll get back to you asap.   You guys are great!

Offline Sherry Campbell

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 25 April 18 23:28 BST (UK) »
So who were Michael's aunt and uncle then because John O'Kelly and Margaret Ward O'Kelly have a son named Michael living with them in Chicago for 1900 Census who was supposed to have been born about 1881... that's supposedly the same Michael O'Kelly who you found as a widower in the 1940 census because that's how I found him in everything else.

Offline Magee-Kelly

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 26 April 18 16:19 BST (UK) »
Sherry - You are right!  I was getting confused b/c I thought his aunt, who adopted him must have had the maiden name Magee, But NO!  The Ward family is the connection!  (I'm a little taken aback since I dated a guy with that last name for years- ugh).    This is Fun!  Thank you so much!   I want to take my family back to where Michael was born - did it say he was born in County Down?

Offline Sherry Campbell

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 26 April 18 19:56 BST (UK) »
Just go back to page one and re-read the messages.. the one person posted the link to his birth I believe and they also posted the dates and places of the siblings recorded in same place.. which Mary I spoke of was one of them.