Author Topic: Legacy Help  (Read 696 times)

Offline carol80

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Edwin Stonehouse 1906-1970
    • View Profile
Legacy Help
« on: Wednesday 25 April 18 04:00 BST (UK) »
I have used Legacy 7.5 for years. I have now got Legacy 9. Can someone tell me how i get all my information from Legacy 7.5 to Legacy 9. I have been trying unsuccessfully for hours.
I need simple easy to understand instructions please.
Thanking you in advance.
                    Computer Dummy Carol
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Stonehouse(York,Durham,Canada)Laurie(Scotland,York)Biddiss(All)Love(Scotland,Australia) Byers(Durham)Demaine(York)Dennison(York)Raine(Durham)Jefferson(Durham)Muir(Durham)
Johnston (Scotland)Hunter(Scotland)Johnson(York)
and many more.

Offline F1fan

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Help
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 25 April 18 12:52 BST (UK) »
Hi carol80,

Have you tried the following :- http://support.legacyfamilytree.com/article/AA-00869/14/Tips-and-How-Tos/Backup-Restore-how-to-restore-a-Legacy-file.html

Personally, I would make a copy of the last backup file in another location i.e your desktop, that you have from 7.5 ( hopefully this is from the last time you altered any info in 7.5 ) and then use that one when performing the restore.

Let us know how you get on and I can ask on their facebook group for extra help if you need it and I will pass the info back here  :)
Sawyer, Rutty - Wiltshire
Double - Suffolk
Templeman - Nottinghamshire
Senior, Blakeb(o)rough - Yorkshire

Offline carol80

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 28 April 18 01:22 BST (UK) »
Thank you. I have decided to contact Legacy as everything i try is not working.
           Carol

Stonehouse(York,Durham,Canada)Laurie(Scotland,York)Biddiss(All)Love(Scotland,Australia) Byers(Durham)Demaine(York)Dennison(York)Raine(Durham)Jefferson(Durham)Muir(Durham)
and many more.

Offline a chesters

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 28 April 18 01:55 BST (UK) »
Late last year I asked about moving from one computer to another, as I am contemplating getting a Windows 10.

I asked how to do this and got the following response:
LEGACY 8 OR EARLIER: http://support.legacyfamilytree.com/article/AA-00899 and download the final release (build) of your version. You may also wish to read "How to Install Legacy 7.5 or earlier on a Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7 or Windows Vista computer" at http://support.legacyfamilytree.com/article/AA-00897.

GRANT OF LICENSE. Millennia grants to you the right to use Millennia programs (the SOFTWARE) legitimately purchased from us. You may install it on more than one computer (such as a laptop) as long as there is no chance of more than one copy being used at the same time.

Once Legacy is installed on your new computer, backing up and restoring is an excellent way of moving your family file to a new PC or laptop. Just backup to a memory stick on the first computer and restore the family file in the Legacy program on the new computer. It makes a perfect copy – nothing is lost!

There is more, but that is the basic information.

I hope it is use.

A Chesters

Offline carol80

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 28 April 18 02:56 BST (UK) »
I did that when i upgraded to Legacy 7.5 and lost all my Media and photo files. Just ended up with a tree full of names and i do not want that to happen again. Took ages to put them all back into tree so do not want that to happen again. But thanks for the advice.
                            Carol

and many more.