Author Topic: Info needed - Arthur Herbert and Daisy Bakewell  (Read 7787 times)

Offline designhall1

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Info needed - Arthur Herbert and Daisy Bakewell
« Reply #72 on: Tuesday 01 May 18 13:18 BST (UK) »
Hi Monica,

My Aunt is battling to provide anymore concrete info. All she can confirm is that Jonathan did not have 6 siblings but only 2 sisters. She is sure John was a carpenter or labourer as they might have called them. It might be worth me punching in John Evan Jones and Ann and see if I can get any info from this.

Offline designhall1

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: Wednesday 02 May 18 10:06 BST (UK) »
I am trying to search Gladys or Gwladys Jones in the Wales censuses to see if her brother Jonathan or John and sister Sarah or Sally are in there with her. This would then give us their parents. Thought this was a clever idea but still proving hard. If we can find this it would be a breakthrough. Merthyr Tydfil too.

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: Wednesday 02 May 18 22:13 BST (UK) »
Hi there.

Getting hard now to make educated (aka lucky or not  ::)) guesses isn't it  :-\

I do not have access to this site as I do not have a subs. You can do free searches, but you either need a subscription or credits to view the actual details. You could try and see whether you could find Maurice/Iris, Jonathan and wife (Mary Ann perhaps) in the 1939 Register, see www.rootschat.com/links/01m01/

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: Tuesday 08 May 18 15:07 BST (UK) »
Daniel, do you have a subscription to Ancestry? Is this what you are using in the main for research databases?

Monica

Offline designhall1

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Jones'
« Reply #76 on: Tuesday 08 May 18 18:41 BST (UK) »
Yes I do. I have a worldwide subscription. That marriage certificate should turn up this week so hopefully it some info on this.

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: Tuesday 08 May 18 22:27 BST (UK) »
That is great. Ancestry has just added today the 1939 Register to their databases. Previously it was only available via subs on Findmypast.

See https://search.ancestry.co.uk/search/db.aspx?dbid=61596

Maurice shows as Maurice H Herbert in 1939, living in Cambridge. The entry following this I think might be Iris but it is blanked out. Have a read through the details of the register to understand better why some entries show as redacted (including the 100yr rule if it not confirmed that the person has died).

What made me happy was that I think we do have the correct Jonathan and Mary Jane as her parents. You will confirm at least father's name from the marriage cert you are waiting for. I can see a Jonathan and Mary J Jones in Willesden. This is where Iris married Maurice in 1939. Jonathan's occupation is that of a Joiner and his birth date is in 1888 which is what we saw in the censuses we have so far for him with his family. Let's also see if we have an address match from the marriage cert and the 1939 register.

Monica

Offline designhall1

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: Wednesday 09 May 18 16:14 BST (UK) »
Hi Monica.

I have made masses of progress on the Herbert's and have found I am directly related to the 1st Earl of Pembrokeshire, William 1501. There was always talk about it in the family but nobody has ever checked lol. So this is great to pass down to all the family. I have managed to go right back to the 1200's.

Now focussing on the Jones'. DHL confirmed today marriage cert will be delivered Monday.

I am still stuck on my fathers side too finding info on Richard Hall's 1797 parents details. All I have is a John and Mary. Richard married Harriet Selina Bouffler and have heaps on info on them.