Author Topic: Catholic records  (Read 2015 times)

Offline kassejayne

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Catholic records
« on: Saturday 28 April 18 12:33 BST (UK) »
does anyone else find it hard to find catholic records. I have been trying to find a baptism record for Norman Richard Parry born  June 1925 in Liverpool  He had a twin named Kenneth. I cannot find a baptism record for either of them. Or a death record for Kenneth who I am told died at an early age. I believe their mothers maiden name was Isaacs, I don't have a first name for her.

Has anyone else had similar problems
Riley Smith Dillon Roberts Smart Ryder Lancaster Wilson Deane Garton  Lay Mather Mercer Jump Blyth

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
Re: Catholic records
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 28 April 18 12:44 BST (UK) »
Very few Catholic records are online.  I understand that LancashireOPC are starting to transcribe some.

You will also probably have problems finding details of baptisms etc for the 1920's onwards online for any religion

You can get details of his mother by purchasing the birth certificate.  Mothers maiden name is Isaac as per GRO index. 

There appear to be several birth registration in W.Derby RD for Parry with mmn Isaac, have you tried looking for the family on the 1939 register
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 28 April 18 12:53 BST (UK) »
This marriage would tie in with their births
June qtr  1919 
Isaac  Florence E   
Parry    Richard       
Toxteth P.    8b   408
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ciderdrinker

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 28 April 18 13:11 BST (UK) »
Hi
The death for Norman Richard Parry gives a birth 6.7.1925 and there is a Kenneth Joseph Parry same quarter in West Derby.
They are both on the 1939 index

Ciderdrinker

Offline ciderdrinker

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 28 April 18 13:12 BST (UK) »
Kenneth Joseph
Last name   Parry
Birth year   1925
Age   19
Death year   1944
Death date   08 Aug 1944
Number   14433845
Rank   Private
Unit   2nd Bn.
Regiment   Seaforth Highlanders
Grave reference   V. F. 2.
Cemetery or Memorial   Banneville-La-Campagne War Cemetery
Burial country   France
Additional information   Son of Richard and Florence Elizabeth Parry, of Liverpool.

The parents marriage is on Ancestry 20.4.1919 at Our Lady of Lordes and St Bernard

ps the family weirdly  seem to be originally from Wales and Newtown Montgomery.
So less catholic records there,hint try FindMyPast  Mochdre 1844 for  great  grandparents marriage.

Ciderdrinker

Offline kassejayne

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 30 April 18 14:32 BST (UK) »
Thank you both so much.Rosie and Ciderman.  Norman Parry was my step father so was trying to find information for my step sister and brother. I knew Kenneth had died but thought it was when he was older......no wonder I couldn't find a death record for him.......I didn't know he died in the war...19 so young. I had just bought a family tree maker  ancestry disc from Maplins to research this part of the family...only to find it was 2014 and no longer supported by ancestry but Mackiev. spent many hours to get it sorted as couldn't be activated only to be told that it can't be used online and need to pay Mackiev to update. I ended taking the disc back to Maplins and as they are going into receivership didn't want to refund. they did eventually but I wonder how many people are buying the disc only to find they have a problem.
I am going to save up for a subscription from ancestry. at the minute just using free sites which is limited when it comes to some records.
thank you both once again it is very much appreciated
Riley Smith Dillon Roberts Smart Ryder Lancaster Wilson Deane Garton  Lay Mather Mercer Jump Blyth

Offline Mary8

• --
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 30 April 18 15:56 BST (UK) »
First of all, ask your local main library if they subscribe to FindMyPast or Ancestry or both? That way you can use the service for FREE! You might have to book time on there computers?  Next, do you know if Norman Richard Parry married in a Catholic church? if so which one? They should have a record of where he was baptised, that's one good thing about left footers all there records go back to where they were originally baptised.  Just like in Ireland, they need to prove you are not already married to someone ells.

Mary :)

Offline kassejayne

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 01 May 18 07:30 BST (UK) »
Hi Mary8  Thank you for the tip ..our main library has shut down. there are other smaller libraries so will check them out for access to ancestry and other sites. Norman was lapsed when he married my mother .......they married in registrar and I don't ever remember him ever going to church. I do hope Lancashire opc manages to transcribe some of the catholic records, its such a brilliant site.
Karen

Offline Mary8

• --
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 01 May 18 09:25 BST (UK) »
You may find this site useful?

Liverpool diocesan-archives

Mary :)