Author Topic: Births and marriages for this couple  (Read 1269 times)

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Births and marriages for this couple
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 29 April 18 15:59 BST (UK) »
Thank you very much! Is there anything on William Stevens and Ann Hiscock individually i.e. when they were born? The census of 1851 gives rough birth dates.

A bit confused, if your ancestor is Jane who at baptism was amended to Mary, who/where did your Jane Stevens marry?
Keyboard86
Pelly/Pelley/Kingsbury/Challis/Nalder/Rochester/Raydenbow

UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 29 April 18 16:41 BST (UK) »
I have Jane Stevens down as marrying John Scott in 1848 in Maddington. She gave her place of birth as Broad Chalke on census records following that.
Lipman family of Aldgate - ends with Lewis Lipman (d. 1871, Bethnal Green), son of John Lipman 'late of Glasgow' (1856)
McGregor family of Fodderty - ends with Alexander McGregor (b. 1765, Fodderty), son of Murdoch McGregor and Kate Stewart

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 29 April 18 17:09 BST (UK) »
OK can see marriage 15th April 1848 Maddington her father being William Stevens and spouses James Scott, odd about the baptism though?
I also note John/Jane had a daughter in 1851 Ruth, who was baptised 7th October 1849 Maddington as Mary Ruth Scott and shown as that in 1861 census.
Keyboard86
Pelly/Pelley/Kingsbury/Challis/Nalder/Rochester/Raydenbow

UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 29 April 18 17:45 BST (UK) »
They are a tough family to follow. I can't get any further back than 1818 with the Scott family, with the marriage of Thomas Scott and Ruth George in Maddington.
Lipman family of Aldgate - ends with Lewis Lipman (d. 1871, Bethnal Green), son of John Lipman 'late of Glasgow' (1856)
McGregor family of Fodderty - ends with Alexander McGregor (b. 1765, Fodderty), son of Murdoch McGregor and Kate Stewart