Author Topic: shoemakers in Newburgh, Fife.  (Read 5233 times)

Offline Stob Ban

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: shoemakers in Newburgh, Fife.
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 29 May 18 11:51 BST (UK) »
Sheena,
David, who was married to Margaret Freebairn, his parents were David Blyth and Elspeth Buist who were both married in Newburgh on the 30th Nov. 1679.  David on marrying Elspeth would be aged 29.

On searching for further Blyths residing in Newburgh in this era 1660, are five male Blyths, four baring  the Christian name John.  To ensure positivity it would be necessary to research, all the children too............ugh!...

All the research to date regarding your ancestors follows precisely the family-line you've been searching........................................Ron.

Offline sheenamac

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Monday 23 July 18 03:01 BST (UK) »
Just picking up the pieces again, trying to digest what we've got.  I purchased the book "Blyth: A family in Fife" which is interesting but doesn't help prove the link.  Need to get the thinking cap on again.

Regards

Sheeena
McLaren, McKirdy, Gorman, Blyth, Paterson, Galloway, Morgan, Tait, McPherson, Anderson, Wylie, Mcgillvray, McAlees, Montague/McTague, Singleton, Campbell, McNaught, Robertson, Ferguson, Docherty, McGlinchy, McGarry, O'Hara, McMillan, Little, Blair, Smith, Batley, Rodger, McIntyre, Black, Miller, Small, Spurling, ?Golden, Brown, Flannaghan, Lawn, MCallum, McLean, Paton, Dickie, McAllister, Auld, Glen, Biggart, Orr, Thomson, Neil, Walker, Weir, Mcvichie, Henderson, Fernie, Spence, Ker

Offline sheenamac

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Monday 23 July 18 04:51 BST (UK) »
I've had a look at the Waugh link which suggests that my John's parents were John and Margaret Weems whereas I had been looking at John and Janet Spence/r.  What complicates the issue is that Thomas's parents John and Ann Millar have a daughter Janet but not a Margaret.  This seems to be another factor in favour of Janet Spencer.  What do you think?

sheena
McLaren, McKirdy, Gorman, Blyth, Paterson, Galloway, Morgan, Tait, McPherson, Anderson, Wylie, Mcgillvray, McAlees, Montague/McTague, Singleton, Campbell, McNaught, Robertson, Ferguson, Docherty, McGlinchy, McGarry, O'Hara, McMillan, Little, Blair, Smith, Batley, Rodger, McIntyre, Black, Miller, Small, Spurling, ?Golden, Brown, Flannaghan, Lawn, MCallum, McLean, Paton, Dickie, McAllister, Auld, Glen, Biggart, Orr, Thomson, Neil, Walker, Weir, Mcvichie, Henderson, Fernie, Spence, Ker

Offline sheenamac

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Monday 23 July 18 07:26 BST (UK) »
Another thought.  In the absence of Janet Spence/r's husband, the witnesses are Andrew and William Blyth, whom I've assumed are his brothers.  I therefore looked for a family with boys with those three names which led me to William Blyth and Isobel Brigs.  Any thoughts on this logic?

Sheena

Offline Stob Ban

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Monday 23 July 18 18:45 BST (UK) »
Hi Sheena,
I would have to go back on my findings in ref: to the Blyth's to understand the lineage we were on as the info: I surrendered after a thoroughly good research was fairly consistent with a family living in an area where very little happens, except, possibly, someone NOT going to Church. God forbid.!!
I'll have a 'butchers' at what I discovered and see what transpires, if anything. Will be in touch, Sheena.
P.s.  Hope all's well with you..............................Ron.