Author Topic: Jane Stuart Auchterlonie  (Read 1097 times)

Offline JJen

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Jane Stuart Auchterlonie
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 29 April 18 17:48 BST (UK) »

Seaching the GRO site  births index , which includes MMN shows that Marjorie Emma's birth was registered in Newcastle, MMN Auchterlonie.

So I'd guess they had at least this one child?

Boo

See reply #1  :)

Yes JJen, I did see it and I'm sorry for the repetition, but I live in hope that pointing out that the free access to the 1911 census transcriptions (which we aren't allowed to do look ups for) ARE available on FS and WILL help those who don't have subs to the paid sites if they try FS. I'd already typed the follow up about looking on the (again free) GRO site so left that in.

Ditto for the post about the free search of the 1939 register which again we aren't allowed to do look ups for, you can get barebones details on a free search, then each researcher can make their own decision about whether or not its worth paying for.

Boo

Point taken  :)

Offline aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 29 April 18 18:47 BST (UK) »
Thank you all once more for your help busy at the moment but get a better read at this later
Elizabeth
McKenzie,Helmsdale.,Mackay's,Gordon's,Polsons,Sutherland's,Loth & N/Z .Watson ,Munro,Pitsligo.Black. Harle ,East Hollywell.Black,and Short East Hollywell.Northumberland Gair, Amble,Douglas,Amble,Mitchell ,Fettercairns,Lyall, Brechin .Mearns Brechin.Thompson's ,Spittal. Maghie,Young .Raey Cumberland & Newcastle & Glasgow .Gilroy, Northumberland. Stark's Kyloe & Tweedmouth .Skeen's Tweedmouth.Gregsons Northumberland & America. Andrew Farmer Turnbull Berwick , Pool and Black Hull.Lounton Tweedmouth

Offline aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 30 April 18 10:47 BST (UK) »
Jane Stuart had siblings
David               b 1875
Andrew Farmer b 14.3.1876   d 7.6.1956 Australia
William            b 1880
Matthew          b 1882   d 1964 Jarrow
Eleanor           b1887
All born at Berwick
Eleanor Fulford in Jane's will must be her sister and William in the census her brother
Elizabeth
McKenzie,Helmsdale.,Mackay's,Gordon's,Polsons,Sutherland's,Loth & N/Z .Watson ,Munro,Pitsligo.Black. Harle ,East Hollywell.Black,and Short East Hollywell.Northumberland Gair, Amble,Douglas,Amble,Mitchell ,Fettercairns,Lyall, Brechin .Mearns Brechin.Thompson's ,Spittal. Maghie,Young .Raey Cumberland & Newcastle & Glasgow .Gilroy, Northumberland. Stark's Kyloe & Tweedmouth .Skeen's Tweedmouth.Gregsons Northumberland & America. Andrew Farmer Turnbull Berwick , Pool and Black Hull.Lounton Tweedmouth