Author Topic: Whatever happened to Ruth Dora Guy?  (Read 2914 times)

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Whatever happened to Ruth Dora Guy?
« Reply #9 on: Monday 30 April 18 12:45 BST (UK) »
Thanks Christine53 - have now discovered both Ida and her daughter returned to the US in 1921 but on different ships.   One of them (can't remember which now) stated they been to a cousin Mrs Twiss in Hunstanton - this is presumably the Annie Twiss, half-sister of Ruth and brother Thomas.   Quite how Ida was cousin to Annie Twiss (nee Guy) and Ruth I don't know - something to look into at a later date.   My main concern is what became of Ruth after she arrived in New York 1904 (I only know she wasn't with Ida and her family in 1905 New York Census when they were still living at 66 Livingston, Brooklyn with surname listed as Gardner and not Godden).

Annette   
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Whatever happened to Ruth Dora Guy?
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 01 May 18 14:49 BST (UK) »
Have now found out the 'cousin' connection - Ruth's father Thomas was first married to an Emily Mitchley - Ida Rosalie was the daughter of Henry Clarke and Eliza Mitchley.  Emily Mitchley and Eliza Mitchley were sisters so Ida was indeed the cousin of Annie Twiss, nee Guy.   Technically, Ruth was only a 'cousin' to Ida by virtue of her fathers 1st wife.

Since it's now been established that Ruth Dora Elizabeth Guy arrived in New York in 1904 I'm wondering whether this should now be on the US board??

Annette
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk