Author Topic: Marriage George Lennox, Matilda Hughes, Sept 24, 1849,Woods chapel  (Read 302 times)

Offline Peggy13

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage George Lennox, Matilda Hughes, Sept 24, 1849,Woods chapel
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 29 April 18 19:09 BST (UK) »
I'm not sure what you mean. I  did find the marriage date in someone else's info,  but did not have the marriage info to  see who George's father was. I did go to irishgenealogy.ie after you suggested it and saw that the certificate was available. I wouldn't have asked for the father if I already knew.
Peggy
Meggison-Durham, Northumberland and Canada

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 29 April 18 19:15 BST (UK) »

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Peggy13

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 29 April 18 19:31 BST (UK) »
Thank you, Dathai. I  guess we can settle it that George's father was Richard, not Andrew. Andrew Lennox was the father of William George Lennox who married my Margaret Jane Caulfield so I had researched who Andrew's other children were, and then suddenly this George appeared and was supposedly a child of Andrew although no  date of birth was given. I was skeptical that George did belong to Andrew but wanted to be sure.
thanks for your help.
Peggy
Meggison-Durham, Northumberland and Canada