Author Topic: Finally I have found proof.  (Read 1863 times)

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • a digital one for now real one espere
    • View Profile
Finally I have found proof.
« on: Sunday 29 April 18 22:53 BST (UK) »
How many years - have I been searching my Robert Clarke and co... forever it seems..

Sent to America and back

(I still havent found his birth :(  so the American find may yet prove to be correct)

Anyhow... the trick and the twist was that though I had trailed and trailed church yards and villages in Warwickshire.. I had never until today come across the actual village he died in..

I almost discarded the Will I found, because after checking the distance from where I knew he was buried.. it seemed too far.

Thank goodness I did read it... and enjoy reading it.

This 4 times Grt grandfather of MINE :)  was a man of property ....
And this wonderful Will -  talks of areas of land and 5 Houses -- He mentions his Grandchildren, that I had already discovered.  So many facts that do connect up.....

And information that I had no idea about, regarding his Wife. ... sadly no name for her that I can see as yet.. may well turn up.  But he leaves money to - My Wifes Grandchildren...and his Step children.

So lots more exciting bits of the jigsaw to gather together there.  Whew...

at last
(and it was without DNA)   just due to more records becoming available and me stretching my Boundaries.

There is also a signature on the Will that crops up when his son marries as it is her brother.

Yep

it fits.. excellent.  off to sort the step children and wifes other husband... etc

xin   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline pinefamily

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Big sister with baby brother
    • View Profile
Re: Finally I have found proof.
« Reply #1 on: Monday 30 April 18 00:24 BST (UK) »
Well done, Xinia. It's these discoveries after a long slog that make it all worthwhile, doesn't it? I have a similar brickwall that I have just posted about. Hopefully the Rootschat community can help me.
I am Australian, from all the lands I come (my ancestors, at least!)

Pine/Pyne, Dowdeswell, Kempster, Sando/Sandoe/Sandow, Nancarrow, Hounslow, Youatt, Richardson, Jarmyn, Oxlade, Coad, Kelsey, Crampton, Lindner, Pittaway, and too many others to name.
Devon, Dorset, Gloucs, Cornwall, Warwickshire, Bucks, Oxfordshire, Wilts, Germany, Sweden, and of course London, to name a few.

Offline kiwihalfpint

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Women and Cats will do as they please
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 30 April 18 05:11 BST (UK) »
Xin,

When I saw the avatar, I thought I was seeing things  :D  What a lovely guesture to remember Rabbit B.

Well done, it sure is nice when one bit comes together after so many years of searching :)

Cheers
KHP
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 30 April 18 11:21 BST (UK) »
Thanks both

still buzzing and putting things together finally found my 4th GG maiden name... its lovely plain old Walker but lovely.. bless her AND a photo on Ancestry of one of her daughters by her first marriage...

;D ;D ;D ;D

Yes Kiwi

I miss the lovely Rabbit B - we had a lot of contact and she was never down,always lifted me up when I was.   I created this Avatar for her which she loved.   She created a signature for me.. to put on emails etc.. darn well cannot find it.. but this Avatar I re-discovered and so thought RIGHT xxxxxx

Offline terry h

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • With Mum x
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 30 April 18 11:30 BST (UK) »
Lovely tribute xin, rabbit was a special lady and never failed to cheer me up also. I too did a double take when I saw the avatar. Hope all is well with you.

Terry :-*
g grandfather Thomas Borthwick 11/11/1882 - KIA 25/9/1915 aged 33 Kings Own Scottish Borderers

Brothers & cousins to Thomas (Both KIA same day)
Robert Johnstone Borthwick 1898 - KIA 24/3/1918 aged 21 North Staffordshire Regiment

George Lowden Borthwick 1899 - KIA 24/3/1918 aged 19 Royal Scots Fusiliers

gr Uncle Walter Combe b1893 - KIA 12/7/1915 aged 22  Kings Own Scottish Borderers

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright  GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 30 April 18 11:40 BST (UK) »
I am really pleased you have made some progress without DNA xin  ;D

I am another who was pleased to see your avatar, it brought back special memories of a lovely lady.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 30 April 18 12:52 BST (UK) »
I am pleased that a simple thing like my AVATAR has re-awoken our contacts and memories.. bless you all --

I am grateful that Roots chat brought us all together, and the special times we had on the Restoration board..   we had some laughs didn't we.

We should have a 'Virtual' get together of the friends of the restoration board.. 2008 ish maybe xxx

xin

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 06 May 18 21:55 BST (UK) »
I would never have believed that after finding the Will

Which is definitely the correct will

It would cause so much work..

Anyhow - found the birth - the two wives - the one child that is my direct line.. the children mentioned and on and on.. etc..  hard work verified as best I can .. and triple checked.. there may yet be some additions. or alterations..   lots of 'archiveal' perusal.... ha ha .. thats what is so much fun.

Alterations and corrections and moving people around the different areas.. its a killer this..
But am going to keep at it.. until I have it well and truly PROVEN

When he died he left property and land to his heirs and their Assigns (thats me.. I am one of his assigns ---- surely 5th gg...) anyway 
by the time it got to my 3 gg its gone.. :(  sold off I have found sales notices and bankrupt notices  etc.... 172 acres of land and 6 houses....... :) 

never mind..   ::) ::) ::) ???

Still when we get out to go and view the areas etc  will be lovely.

xin

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 09 May 18 10:16 BST (UK) »
Right

what a crazy mix up this family -

So today we are off to search the graveyards and the villages where he supposedly was.. might or may just find one of his cottages still standing... better still find a gravestone that tells me everything his full name and dob and dod and his mothers maiden name and  .... and... ha ha.

would be fantastic..

but doubtful

of course it will rain today sorry to say

xin