Author Topic: Finally I have found proof.  (Read 1861 times)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: Finally I have found proof.
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 09 May 18 10:43 BST (UK) »
Well done Xin,  may this flag that you made wave for me, wave away the rain for you.

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • a digital one for now real one espere
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 09 May 18 16:47 BST (UK) »
Thanks JM

one of my first little gifs :)  ha ha  glad its still of use...

Well the day was wonderful and finished off with the naughties Cream Scone and beautiful cup of tea.  :)

We wandered two beautiful villages and graveyards and saw some possibles  But NO definites... the stones were worn too badly -- however one sweet lady librarian from the village is now on the case for me :)

fantastic day -  lovely English countryside on a day like to day - is the best.

xin

Offline chirp

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 10 May 18 12:53 BST (UK) »
How fantastic that you have your proof! My "Finally I have found proof" moment was also due to obtaining a will. My search, which was long and complicated, had gone on for the best part of 10 years and involved a child registered under his mother's first married name, that lady not marrying the father and that lady then going on to marry someone else. The someone else's will was the key to the proof. I wonderful moment!
AVERY, Berks, BLUNDELL, North Meols, BOND, Wilts,  BRUNDRETT, Lancs, CHORLTON, Salford, DUNKLEY, West Haddon, FOGGIN, Yorks, GRANT, Durham,  GRESTY, Salford, GRINDROD, Salford, HUMM, Bethnal Green, MALONEY, Limerick & Lancs,  MARCHANT, Worcs, McPHERSON, Kent, MELLISH, Finsbury, PERRETT, Wilts,  RAGG, Yorks, RAINSFORD, Staffs, RENSHAW, Salford, ROSS, Leicester, TIGHE/TYE, All, WELLER, Berks, WILKINSON, Wes
Early 19th C Hairdressing & Perfumery
Spittalfields Silkweavers
Glass making, S Shields

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 10 May 18 14:03 BST (UK) »
Yes  Chirp ... We must read ALL the documents FULLY -- its sometimes the lodger in a house that is witness to a death that can bring it all together.

xin

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 13 May 18 12:27 BST (UK) »
Well what is it now since I found that will

3 weeks - maybe a month.

Am I further forward..

Yes and no, I am now perplexed and confused. 

The Will is marvellous, in that it gives so many - leads and clues as to who the man Writing the will is ---
It gets confusing because it mentions a 'Step' daughter and we all know that could mean the lodgers child (ha ha -- sorry )  but in those days the meaning was different to today.

If anyone is really interested then ask and I can pm...more info :)

So as I say -- you win some you loose some with this particular line..

One of the main problems is the 'Border change' on census returns.. 1871 suddenly Hydes Pasture was moved from Warwickshire to Leicestershire.. which didnt help.
It is actually on the A5 Roundabout so in between both and more.

Then along comes the Will and two other areas mentioned... although they are in Warwickshire are also on the border of Oxfordshire.

So 'guestimating' a particular marriage or baptism - you have to think would they have travelled that far .....

So though I have taken some wonderful steps forward - I cannot actually really, definitely SAY YES that is correct. 

So keeping both branches as an option .. for now.

oh dear :)

love this game.  trouble is its harder to keep all the areas and names in my head these days.. Especially when they name the family all Robert or John.

off back at it

xin