Author Topic: Ceylon: 1852 marriage of Llewelyn Parry Thomas and Elizabeth Fraser Bird  (Read 517 times)

Offline rkive82

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
My great, great uncle Llewelyn Parry Thomas is said to have married Elizabeth Fraser Bird/Byrd in Colombo, Ceylon on 22nd January 1852.
I have yet to find a record or newspaper article confirming this.
Was Elizabeth the daughter of George Byrd/Bird or Henry Byrd/Bird? I don't know. Family records say that she was born on 18th January 1830 in Ceylon.
 ???
Can anybody help with details please.
Thanks
Richard
RPJ
Jones Thomas Dickinson Paulsen Olsen Jackson Laidler Ramage Brown

Offline rkive82

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Ceylon: 1852 marriage of Llewelyn Parry Thomas and Elizabeth Fraser Bird
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 01 May 18 17:07 BST (UK) »
After further research, I am wondering if Elizabeth (Bessie) was the first daughter of George (Samuel) Bird c1792-1857 and Charlotte Carpenter Hook c1806-1842 who married in December 1928 in Ceylon.
 ???
I found "On the 1st inst. (January 1857), by license, at Trevethin Church, Pontypool, by the Rev. Thomas Davies, M.A., uncle of the bridegroom, John Davies Roberts, Esq to Fanny, second daughter of George Bird, Esq., of the Island of Ceylon, and formerly of Goitre House, in this county."
Fanny is Frances Maria Bird born about 1831 in Ceylon. I have found no mention of earlier children of George and Charlotte, so I am only guessing that Elizabeth was the first daughter.
 ::)
Richard
RPJ
Jones Thomas Dickinson Paulsen Olsen Jackson Laidler Ramage Brown