Author Topic: David "Price" Jones  (Read 1347 times)

Offline Heather58

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
David "Price" Jones
« on: Monday 30 April 18 22:43 BST (UK) »
Good evening to be honest not sure if I am in the right place I am looking for David Jones baptised 24 Aug 1829 in Eglwys-fach, Ceredigion, Wales. A family member has told me that he has a middle name of Price or Pierce but I don't agree I have looked at the census and his death records and none of them have that middle name.  Does anyone have access to the baptism's for Ceredigion or Aberystwyth.  His parents were Morgan Jones and Ann nee Pierce, they had 7 children in total and all moved to Llanrug, Caernarfon.  Any clues would be gratefully appreciated.
Kind regards
Heather
 :)
Warburton, Ackerley, Foxley, Gerrards, Buckley, Totty, Woodworth, Parkes, Bingley, Meredith, Gill, Royle all Cheshire, Pritchard,  Roberts, Caernarfonshire. Ingham, Roberts in Denbigh

Offline osprey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: David "Price" Jones
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 01 May 18 09:44 BST (UK) »
if he was baptised in Eglwys fach, you need the baptisms for Llanfihangel Genau'r Glyn as it was a chapelry in that parish.

http://genuki.org.uk/big/wal/CGN/LlanfihangelGenaur-Glyn

No sign of it on FreeReg or the records on FindMyPast or FamilySearch including the 3 non-conformist churches that are available from that area.
Where did they baptise their children in Llanrug? Were they non-conformist?
Cornwall: Allen, Bevan, Bosisto, Carnpezzack, Donithorn, Huddy, James, Retallack, Russell, Vincent, Yeoman
Cards: Thomas (Llanbadarn Fawr)
Glam: Bowler, Cram, Galloway, James, Thomas, Watkins
Lincs: Coupland, Cram
Mon: Cram, Gwyn, John, Philpot, Smart, Watkins
Pembs: Edwards (St. Dogmael's)
Yorks: Airey, Bowler, Elliott, Hare, Hewitt, Kellett, Kemp, Stephenson, Tebb

Offline Heather58

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 01 May 18 21:57 BST (UK) »
Thank you, none of the children were baptised in Llanrug, the youngest child was Moses Morgan Jones born 2nd June 1838.  Morgan Jones the father died in Waen Rhythallt, Llanrug, Caernarfonshire  in 1840.  Thank you very much for helping me.
Kind regards
 :)
Warburton, Ackerley, Foxley, Gerrards, Buckley, Totty, Woodworth, Parkes, Bingley, Meredith, Gill, Royle all Cheshire, Pritchard,  Roberts, Caernarfonshire. Ingham, Roberts in Denbigh

Offline osprey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 02 May 18 19:56 BST (UK) »
well, Moses was baptised in Llanrug 11 June 1838 son of Morgan & Ann, address noted as Capel Hermon. 

There are some others to Morgan & Ann who could be yours baptised in non-conformist churches. Have you searched here?

https://www.freereg.org.uk/

Cornwall: Allen, Bevan, Bosisto, Carnpezzack, Donithorn, Huddy, James, Retallack, Russell, Vincent, Yeoman
Cards: Thomas (Llanbadarn Fawr)
Glam: Bowler, Cram, Galloway, James, Thomas, Watkins
Lincs: Coupland, Cram
Mon: Cram, Gwyn, John, Philpot, Smart, Watkins
Pembs: Edwards (St. Dogmael's)
Yorks: Airey, Bowler, Elliott, Hare, Hewitt, Kellett, Kemp, Stephenson, Tebb