Author Topic: Excel 2010 Problem with graphing DBase.  (Read 495 times)

Offline Tasman1

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Excel 2010 Problem with graphing DBase.
« on: Tuesday 01 May 18 13:06 BST (UK) »
Hi. I have been graphing the rain from info on my Excel database. When I started to add 2018, I noted that I had lost December figure for all previous years. An old file recovered off an external hard drive is complete. Bringing up the data by clicking 'show data' on the graph, seems to show the 'quivering boxes' encompassing all the correct data. I am missing some little/big bit of know-how.
No knowledge of Excel. This has been a bloody-minded attempt to keep the brain cells functioning - and has worked until now. Any masterminds who are prepared to give it a go, please PM me.  Can not provide more details here as it goes something like =Sheet1!$A$1:$M$1, Sheet1!$A$97:$M$97, etc.
Many thanks.
Aitkenhead, Purdon, Buick, Fairweather, Todd, Moresby.

Offline Mart 'n' Al

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: Excel 2010 Problem with graphing DBase.
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 01 May 18 14:55 BST (UK) »
I'll be happy to look at your spreadsheet if you don't get any better offers. I would imagine that you haven't actually lost anything, just that one of the areas of data possibly isn't big enough to include your recent additions. A range of a 2m suggests that you have got 13 columns. If your data has been added outside that range that could be your problem. Give it a day or two and then send me a personal message if you don't get any better offers. If you're not an expert in Excel, then I would guess your problem won't be hard to fix as you won't have used any of the more sophisticated aspects of Excel.

I've given this lecture many times during my life, but I hope you are making regular backups of your data.

Martin