Author Topic: Gower-Hodgson marriage  (Read 498 times)

Offline jojo06

  • RootsChat Extra
  • **
  • Posts: 9
    • View Profile
Re: Gower-Hodgson marriage
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 05 May 18 12:54 BST (UK) »
Thank you to all those who have taken the time to search for James Vivian Gower.
I am still looking into all possibilities. Out of interest from a post sent by rosie99, I have looked at the Hampshire Advertiser, very interesting. Checked out the vessel "American" on the website Crew List Index Project, it gives Jas V Gower birthplace as St Kitts in the Carribean!!! If there is anyone out there who knows about researching the Carribeans, it would be a great help, just to establish if he is the right James or not....
Holmes, Lavington, Buller, Carter, Scrimshaw, Ryder, Honeywill and loads more!!

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.


Offline bearkat

  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • *******
  • Posts: 6,633
    • View Profile
Re: Gower-Hodgson marriage
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 05 May 18 13:40 BST (UK) »
Certianly looks promising - Jas V GOWER was a barber on the Norman
Middx - VAUS, ROBERTS, EVERSFIELD, INMAN, STAR, HOLBECK, WYATT, BICKFORD, SMITH, REDWOOD
Hants - SMALL, HAMMERTON, GRIST, FRYER, TRODD, WOODFORD, CROUTEAR, BECK, BENDELL, KEEPING, HARDING
Kent - BAYLY, BORER, MITCHELL, PLANE, VERNON, FARRANCE, CHAPMAN, MEDHURST, LOMAX, WYATT, IDEN
Devon - TOPE, BICKFORD, FOSTER
YKS - QUIRK, McGUIRE, BENN
Nott/Derbs - SLACK
Herts - BARNES
L'pool- PLUMBE
 All UK census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.


Offline jojo06

  • RootsChat Extra
  • **
  • Posts: 9
    • View Profile
Re: Gower-Hodgson marriage
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 05 May 18 14:43 BST (UK) »
Again, Thank you all for your help.
I am 99 percent certain that James V Gower, who worked on the "American" and "Norman" is the right James who married Caroline Ellen Hodgson. The remaining 1 percent, is to establish if his father is George Gower...
Holmes, Lavington, Buller, Carter, Scrimshaw, Ryder, Honeywill and loads more!!

Offline bearkat

  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • *******
  • Posts: 6,633
    • View Profile
Re: Gower-Hodgson marriage
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 05 May 18 15:09 BST (UK) »
I would post a birth/baptism look-up request for James Vivian GOWER on the Other Countries Board.

Someone may know where to find St Kitts records.
Middx - VAUS, ROBERTS, EVERSFIELD, INMAN, STAR, HOLBECK, WYATT, BICKFORD, SMITH, REDWOOD
Hants - SMALL, HAMMERTON, GRIST, FRYER, TRODD, WOODFORD, CROUTEAR, BECK, BENDELL, KEEPING, HARDING
Kent - BAYLY, BORER, MITCHELL, PLANE, VERNON, FARRANCE, CHAPMAN, MEDHURST, LOMAX, WYATT, IDEN
Devon - TOPE, BICKFORD, FOSTER
YKS - QUIRK, McGUIRE, BENN
Nott/Derbs - SLACK
Herts - BARNES
L'pool- PLUMBE
 All UK census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline jojo06

  • RootsChat Extra
  • **
  • Posts: 9
    • View Profile
Re: Gower-Hodgson marriage
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 05 May 18 15:11 BST (UK) »
Thank you for the suggestion Bearkat, I shall look at doing just that.... :) :)
Holmes, Lavington, Buller, Carter, Scrimshaw, Ryder, Honeywill and loads more!!

Offline bearkat

  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • *******
  • Posts: 6,633
    • View Profile
Re: Gower-Hodgson marriage
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 05 May 18 15:14 BST (UK) »
Have a look at the third to last post on this message board (it's fairly recent).

https://www.ancestry.com/boards/localities.caribbean.stkittsnevis.stkitts/318.3/mb.ashx

Your nearest LDS Family History Centre may have access to the records.
Middx - VAUS, ROBERTS, EVERSFIELD, INMAN, STAR, HOLBECK, WYATT, BICKFORD, SMITH, REDWOOD
Hants - SMALL, HAMMERTON, GRIST, FRYER, TRODD, WOODFORD, CROUTEAR, BECK, BENDELL, KEEPING, HARDING
Kent - BAYLY, BORER, MITCHELL, PLANE, VERNON, FARRANCE, CHAPMAN, MEDHURST, LOMAX, WYATT, IDEN
Devon - TOPE, BICKFORD, FOSTER
YKS - QUIRK, McGUIRE, BENN
Nott/Derbs - SLACK
Herts - BARNES
L'pool- PLUMBE
 All UK census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk