Author Topic: Metropolitan Police record  (Read 445 times)

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Metropolitan Police record
« on: Saturday 05 May 18 14:21 BST (UK) »
Hello,

It isn't really armed forces but it comes under public service so I didn't know where else to put it.

My 3x great-grandfather, Sergeant James Westcott Harding, retired from the Metropolitan Police in 1893. I have one part of the record that says he resigned and his years and places of service but there are more pages I can't access. Is any date of birth or anything on his pension record? I know the year and place of his birth as well as his parents, but no exact date of birth.

I'd appreciate any help!

Adam
Lipman family of Aldgate - ends with Lewis Lipman (d. 1871, Bethnal Green), son of John Lipman 'late of Glasgow' (1856)
McGregor family of Fodderty - ends with Alexander McGregor (b. 1765, Fodderty), son of Murdoch McGregor and Kate Stewart

Offline MaxD

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Metropolitan Police record
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 05 May 18 14:52 BST (UK) »
14 Oct 1845.  If you are looking at the Ancestry record, click the right arrow for a second page.

MaxD
I am Zoe Northeast, granddaughter of Maximilian Double.

It is with great difficulty I share with you that in the early hours of 07 August 2021, Maximilian passed away unexpectedly but peacefully.

With deep sadness,
Zoe

Double  Essex/Suffolk
Randle/Millington Warwicks
Sokser/Klingler Austria/Croatia

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Metropolitan Police record
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 05 May 18 14:56 BST (UK) »
Thanks! I'll review the record again.
Lipman family of Aldgate - ends with Lewis Lipman (d. 1871, Bethnal Green), son of John Lipman 'late of Glasgow' (1856)
McGregor family of Fodderty - ends with Alexander McGregor (b. 1765, Fodderty), son of Murdoch McGregor and Kate Stewart